Respected Contributor

Re: What US or international city was a disappointment?

Would never go back to San Fransisco or Tijuana, Mexico.

Never felt safe in either place.

Esteemed Contributor

Palma de Mallorca. 

Esteemed Contributor

Bahamas

Honored Contributor

New Orleans, went for Mardi Gras and it was a big disappointment.

New Contributor

Nashville - crowded, loud and very touristy.  

Valued Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

Kauai Hawaii. Hot, humid and miserable. I live in the desert and don't like humidity. Everything from toilet paper to money to sheets was damp. 

And don't forget the roosters!  On our "relaxing" trip we were awakened much earlier than we planned.  My inlaws live on Kauai and I've been way too many times.  If I could afford to stay and the Grand Hyatt every time I might like it better.  Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@azgal wrote:

@kindred cats 

My favorite place was Amsterdam. I really had no interest in going there but this trip was planned by some relatives and I was asked to join them. I'm so glad I did. Paris was the only bad experience I had.

Anyway, Amsterdam is beautiful and the people are wonderful.

@azgal 

There is a wonderful weekly blogger in Amsterdam (she doesn't sell anything) that shows outfits and remixes; she just loves color.  She and her friend, whom is photographing, are interesting as they show you around Amsterdam and often discuss the buildings and architecture and life there.

Her name is "Greetje".

Interesting,,,we were in Amsterdam in 2019.  Early May and getting over winter so it was not yet cleaned up.  Lots of litter in the canals and some side streets. Most of the citizens wear black.  Not color.  I think this blogger likes to liven things up.  I loved the city though.  Friendly people and small enough to easily get around.  Hotel and food was fabulous. What impressed me the most was that despite the cool, damp weather we had there (50's) people were OUTSIDE riding bikes and eating at outdoor cafes everywhere!  Quite impressive. Not whiners like some of us when the temp goes below 65!

Trusted Contributor

I would say Los Angeles.  We went on a cruise recently out of L.A. and have never been there before.  We did a 1 day tour and it's one and done wasn't really impressed.  We also went to San Diego and I loved it.

Super Contributor

My heart breaks for San Francisco.  It used to be a lovely, quirky city, and while parts of it are still beautiful, other areas are so overrun with homelessness, substance abuse, and mental health issues (all of which often go hand-in-hand), that I am reluctant to go there any more (I live about 35 miles south of SF).  There are a lot of theaters there with Broadway shows, but unless I can get tickets for a matinee, I'm not going.  

Respected Contributor

Savannah, GA.  Seemed really commercial to us.  We much prefer Charleston, SC.