Respected Contributor

Re: What US or international city was a disappointment?

DH and I loved Paris a few years ago.  We walked the streets, took in local restaurants, saw a wedding at Sacre Couer, had mass at Notre Dame on Mother's Day, and saw an opera one night.   We found a site that listed the 10 things to see at the Louvre and it took a whole day, awesome tour.   Great advice.  We also went to Versailles for a day and thoroughly enjoyed it.  The Eiffel Tower was ok just a bit crowded.   I would not go to Paris today with all the uncertainty in that city.  

Valued Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@azgal wrote:

@kindred cats 

My favorite place was Amsterdam. I really had no interest in going there but this trip was planned by some relatives and I was asked to join them. I'm so glad I did. Paris was the only bad experience I had.

Anyway, Amsterdam is beautiful and the people are wonderful.

@azgal 

There is a wonderful weekly blogger in Amsterdam (she doesn't sell anything) that shows outfits and remixes; she just loves color.  She and her friend, whom is photographing, are interesting as they show you around Amsterdam and often discuss the buildings and architecture and life there.

Her name is "Greetje".

Thank you. I'll have to check her out.

“We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.” Abraham Lincoln
Valued Contributor

@Hoovermom 

Sadly Norte Dame burned a few weeks before we got to Paris. We had plans to tour it. I would have loved to see it.

Eiffel Tower was crowded but we were lucky enough to be there when a choir was performing. It was beautiful.

“We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.” Abraham Lincoln
Honored Contributor

Cozomel, Mexico

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Regular Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

Cozomel, Mexico

I agree. 

I lived in Merida, the capital of the Yucatan, for a semester when I was in college. It's a wonderful, beautiful city.

We'd often take weekend trips to Cancun or Cozumel and both were a huge disappointment. 

~Not a new poster, never been banned. Every time I take a break, I have to re-register for some reason~
Esteemed Contributor

Amman Jordan
Honored Contributor

@Stray wrote:
Amman Jordan

Maybe but Petra was awesome.  It was on my "bucket" list and so glad we went there more than a decade ago.  

Trusted Contributor

@PA Mom-mom@kaydee50@sunsetbeach 

I used to go to Key West back in the 90's.  First time I actually went alone, I flew to Miami and drove to KW.  I loved it.  Second time, a friend and I went.  

The last time, may have been late 90's, definitely before 9/11, cruise ships were stopping there.  That's when I noticed a whole change on the island.  Haven't been back.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Nassau, Bahamas. Total disappointment and anywhere in Florida 

Esteemed Contributor

@kaydee50 - yes riding the camel, Petra at night & the Dead Sea were memorable experiences but can’t off set our experiences in Amman & the airport