Respected Contributor

Re: What US or international city was a disappointment?

[ Edited ]

@Effie54 , this reminds me of the hotel Sir Francis Drake Hotel in San Francisco.  I stayed at the Frontenac several times.  They are similar.

Esteemed Contributor

Los Angeles, CA.

Regular Contributor

In the US:

Los Angeles

Las Vegas

San Francisco

Internationally:

Quebec City

~Not a new poster, never been banned. Every time I take a break, I have to re-register for some reason~
Esteemed Contributor

Kathmandu. To be fair, it’s probably not the city’s fault. Was probably my first time in that kind of traffic - was just too crowded for me (although my hotel was very nice). Did make me think I wouldn’t like India for similar reasons. Thinking back, I do believe I had a cow laying down in the middle of the city road siting, so that was pretty cool.
Esteemed Contributor

I'm widely travelled (much of the world except the poles and Russia) and I've enjoyed or loved everywhere except Aruba. We were guests of friends for 2 weeks and except foe several beautiful beaches, there was nothing ( no culture or ethic food and very little to see).

Respected Contributor

@azgal   .. Paris for me too!  And unbelievable, for the same reason.  I couldn't wait to see the Louvre and the people treated me like trash.

The food was also horrible.  I swear they gave me rotten stuff....I'm not kidding.  I would never go back.

If I were to travel anywhere again, if the world was different, I would choose Ireland and Japan.  Pictures from those countries intrigue me. 

Valued Contributor

@kindred cats 

My favorite place was Amsterdam. I really had no interest in going there but this trip was planned by some relatives and I was asked to join them. I'm so glad I did. Paris was the only bad experience I had.

Anyway, Amsterdam is beautiful and the people are wonderful.

“We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.” Abraham Lincoln
Honored Contributor

For me, Emerald Isle, NC, at the southern tip of the outer banks. 

I found the surf almost harsh and didn't hardly swim; our little boys stayed mostly in the pool.  The beach goers were almost "towel to towel" and loud at the condo resort.

I loved the little town, Swansboro.  Tole painting was in full swing and a woman had a shop in an old wooden building and was an excellent painter.

There was a real soda shop across the street that made old fashioned hamburgers and homemade peach milk shakes called Yanna's; that part was a treat!

Honored Contributor

@azgal wrote:

@kindred cats 

My favorite place was Amsterdam. I really had no interest in going there but this trip was planned by some relatives and I was asked to join them. I'm so glad I did. Paris was the only bad experience I had.

Anyway, Amsterdam is beautiful and the people are wonderful.

@azgal 

There is a wonderful weekly blogger in Amsterdam (she doesn't sell anything) that shows outfits and remixes; she just loves color.  She and her friend, whom is photographing, are interesting as they show you around Amsterdam and often discuss the buildings and architecture and life there.

Her name is "Greetje".

Trusted Contributor

Paris.  More often than not, we felt the majority of people did not like Americans.  Still glad we went though and the Eiffel Tower was spectacular.