Contributor

Re: What US or international city was a disappointment?

Gatlinburg, TN.....no country music, no southern food, too many trinket stores and not enough local authenticity.

Trusted Contributor

Boston. Not sure if I was thrilled enough to go back. The trolley tour was filled with interesting historical facts. And the stops along The Freedom Trail were probably the highlight of the trip. Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market were fun to walk through and shop at. And dinner at the Cheers restaurant was Very Cool too. Got to bring home a couple Cheers mugs as souvenirs. But the one thing I didn’t like was that there were so many stores similar to an outlet mall vs unique gift shops which I prefer going to when on vacation.
Honored Contributor

Florida in the summer.  Hell is kinder. There are two Floridas.  Florida and South Florida.  South Florida is much more likable.  Been to Phoenix in the summer and the heat  was a heck of a lot better. I still miss Southern California.  Oh it can be ugly and crass (like L.A.) and absurdly expensive to even live, it's still the closest to paradise (weather wise) North America has. 

Valued Contributor

@songbird wrote:

Florida in the summer.  Hell is kinder. There are two Floridas.  Florida and South Florida.  South Florida is much more likable.  Been to Phoenix in the summer and the heat  was a heck of a lot better. I still miss Southern California.  Oh it can be ugly and crass (like L.A.) and absurdly expensive to even live, it's still the closest to paradise (weather wise) North America has. 

My husband and I still thank our parents (long gone now) for leaving the midwest to settle in Southern California.  

Honored Contributor

@Wobin  We only left because my father got a job teaching at a university in Maryland.  Smiley Mad  Maryland is nice and a pretty state, but nothing compares to Southern California....