Respected Contributor

Re: Starting to make my lists

@haddon9 wrote:

@fairydogmother wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

Will you have a place to do laundry that makes a  big diffeence in the way you pack. I mean 21 pairs of panties verus 5 or 6 and such

yes our home base will be at my daughter's townhouse

@fairydogmother Your daughter lives there?  What is the cost to ship things to her?  I used to ship things to my mother (she was only in Fl and I'm in PA) but it was so much easier than schlepping so much stuff.

ETA:  I don't think you're bringing too much...but that's just me.  Even for a week I stilll bring a lot of stuff.

shipping costs are prohibitive 

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

well if a small crossbody sounds too limited for daily excursions, I have other options in my closet. A Baggallini Any Day tote, Baggallini Everywhere bag, a Lug Skyliner tote. 

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

@fairydogmother   After reading your itinerary all I can say is good luck and safe travels!!!

believe me we didn't plan for that minimal layover in Chicago! I got an email recently telling me that our flight out of Orlando had been changed to three hours later than what we booked. Ei yi yi 😳

then in the Munich airport, a 12 hr layover! My daughter booked our trip. She was trying to break up the flights into eight, ten hour stretches instead of the more typical fourteen and fifteen which she felt like I wouldn't tolerate well. This is how it turned out. 

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

@fairydogmother    i usually travel for 3 weeks,  take a checked bag, my rollaboard goes in the overhead bin and i use a Travelpro Max Lite soft tote which goes under my seat.    crossbody goes in the checked bag.   the Travelpro holds all my need-it-now stuff. w/trolley sleeve goes on the rollaboard.

i start organizing early like you...weeks in advance.     

i flew Lufthansa BOS-MUC pre-pandemic and no pillows were offered .  i hope you got good seats. i had about 2" free space of knee room.  was an Airbus.

Respected Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

Baggallini Everyday crossbody.  It has become my favorite and have 3 of them.  That is the only purse I travel with.

I once loved Baggallini bags.  The last 3 I ordered have been defective.  They are now made of recycled water bottles, but the description states nylon.

I returned all of them. So disappointed the handbag has gone down.  

Respected Contributor

@GingerHead wrote:

@fairydogmother No packing advice, I'm horrible at it but if you use RetinA buy it there, it's cheap and sold OTC.

About 20 years ago, my Dermatologist told me RetinA should be sold over the counter.  Said in the U.S. it's way too expensive.  It's also a very safe product.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CatsyCline wrote:

@fairydogmother    i usually travel for 3 weeks,  take a checked bag, my rollaboard goes in the overhead bin and i use a Travelpro Max Lite soft tote which goes under my seat.    crossbody goes in the checked bag.   the Travelpro holds all my need-it-now stuff. w/trolley sleeve goes on the rollaboard.

i start organizing early like you...weeks in advance.     

i flew Lufthansa BOS-MUC pre-pandemic and no pillows were offered .  i hope you got good seats. i had about 2" free space of knee room.  was an Airbus

good tips

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just pack whatever you will think will be most useful.  If you are not going to do anything fancy, where you need a more dressy bag, then choose the most utilitarian and comfortable, and also the most secure. I like the Lug brands because they are lightweight.

I have traveled to Thailand, and it is an extremely LONG flight with lots of layovers and the loss of the day as one crosses the International Date Line.  However, I traveled West, not East through Europe. 

I have done Europe via Chicago, and it is definitely not one of my favorite connections.  I try to avoid it and stick to NY area airports.

Well, I hope you have a wonderful visit and get to do some interesting sightseeing.  The architecture is very unique and lovely, especially the sentimental spirit houses.  The historic city of Ayutthaya is fascinating, if you like to visit ancient ruins like I do.

Since you will be visiting for a bit, maybe you can have a custom outfit created.  Thailand is famous for making made-to-order clothes, and they have gorgeous silks.

Travel safe, pack your patience, and enjoy!

Honored Contributor

Honestly what I do is take clothes (tops mostly) I don't love and plan to donate and leave them along the way.  Also if you have old undies or just buy some inexpensive ones.  

Clothes that have been worn grow in a suitcase, so this solves a lot of problems, even if it is just enough for a few days. 

Respected Contributor

I usually travel with a travelon or bagalinni crossbody. 

Enjoy Thailand. one of my favorite places.  Spend some time with the locals to get the true flavor of the country.   I've found them to be very friendly and open to sharing their culture.