Respected Contributor

for our trip to Thailand in five weeks. Leaving Dec 31 will be there about three weeks. Have begun a tentative packing list- for my wheeled carry on, my Lug Gondola xl tote that I'll take on the planes, and my big suitcase. Currently pondering which smallish crossbody to pack in checked luggage- the bag I'll use daily on our excursions. What I have to choose from:

IHKWIP Everyday Essentials crossbody, Lug Carousel XL, Lug Coupe XL

what have you carried in similar travel situations?

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

Re: Starting to make my lists

Baggallini Everyday crossbody.  It has become my favorite and have 3 of them.  That is the only purse I travel with.

Regular Contributor

Goodness. That's a lot of luggage for just a 3 week trip!

I travel lightly in all situations and have used the CrewPro line from TravelPro almost exclusively for the past 25 years. 

For a trip this length my checked bag would be the largest one I own - a 25"softsided spinner. Carried on board would be my business backpack with a small Baggalini camera bag type purse tucked inside. That's it. 

~Not a new poster, never been banned. Every time I take a break, I have to re-register for some reason~
Honored Contributor

Will you have a place to do laundry that makes a  big diffeence in the way you pack. I mean 21 pairs of panties verus 5 or 6 and such

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

@fairydogmother No packing advice, I'm horrible at it but if you use RetinA buy it there, it's cheap and sold OTC.

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals" -Immanuel Kant

"Once you have had a wonderful Dog, a life without one, is a life diminished"-Dean Koontz
Honored Contributor

@Zwervend  I was going to say something similar.  If laundry were available, I would be going with my Travelpro 22 inch and a tote and that's it.  Can't imagine schlepping all the stuff the OP has mentioned plus packing and unpacking it!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@fairydogmother 

I have the Lug Coupe XL and I love it for everyday use.

I travel internationally quite a bit, the Lug Coupe XL isn't big enough for what you'll need to carry everyday during your trip.

Remember, you'll need to have your passport and visa with you, plus whatever else you need, also, it's not big enough for glasses if you wear them (which I do ).

Here's a photo of yhe nylon bag I purchased at a pop up in Paris, it's light weight and

crossbody. I have one identical to it my dear sister purchased from Dooney Bourke.

Holds everytjing I need and for international travel. Don't forget your cell phone. On the outside there's a zipper on each side. The strap feels good on my shoulder. It holds lipstick, comb/brush, my eye glass case, I wear prescription sunglasses and everyday glasses, I take one glass case, when I'm wearing my sunglasses the other pair goes in the case and vise versa, Tylenol etc.

IMG_1836.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

IMG_1837.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

IMG_1838.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

@GingerHead wrote:

@fairydogmother No packing advice, I'm horrible at it but if you use RetinA buy it there, it's cheap and sold OTC.

Even tho a pharmaceutical is OTC in another country, it's script here and Customs will snag it if you don't have a 'script for it.

I'd be cautious wearing a backpack while traveling. Keep a wallet, keys, phone, etc in a pocket if you can. Why women assume a crossbody is safe is beyond me.