Trusted Contributor

Re: Starting to make my lists

@fairydogmother We flew from Budapest to Munich and Munich to Boston a few months ago.  They were very strict about the size of the carryon.  We had a roller board that was too big that we ended up checking because we only had checked one case and there were two of us.  There is a measuring thing you have to put your case in first and they also pay attention to the weight.  The flight from Munich to Boston was full and we ended up in the middle seats and there is very little room,  very uncomfortable.  By some miracle the person next to me didn't show up so it gave us a little more room and was able to put our small carryon under that seat or there was no leg room.  The food was terrible so make sure you eat before you get on the plane.  Going we were in the Munich airport for quite a while and there are lots of cute little bakerys where you can get really nice good sandwiches for $4. There is also a drug store and other stores.  But you would have to come out of security I think to get to that section.  If you layover is that long you may want to try that.

Good luck your trip sounds great.

Super Contributor

I don't have advice on packing but I do have one piece of general advice. During your transportation activities, while on a bus, train, airport, or coffee shop, keep your eyes on your belongings.  I had a bag disappear from an airport coffee shop and the bag was right next to me.  My husband and I were excited, talking about what we were going to do, looking at maps, tour info, and searching stuff on our phones.  We were an easy target for clever thieves.  Luckily, the bag contents were not a big loss, but still, if my little roller bag was taken with all my on board valuables, medications,  extra glasses, jewelry, etc. I would have been really mad at myself.  Now we are more diligent.  Enjoy your trip.  It will be an exciting adventure.

Respected Contributor

@fairydogmother    just wanted to wish you safe travels and a wonderful vacation and fun times in Thailand!   Happy New Year!