Esteemed Contributor

Re: Has anyone been on Carnival Paradise cruise recently?

@Pink123  Enjoying your comments.  I imagine cruising really was more like The Love Boat, with everyone dressing up more (not the hooking up).  I was actually shocked how many people dressed up for my weekend Allure cruise.  Now, it was around the holiday, but it was so wonderful to see.  Many groups doing coordinating clothes for photos.  I really felt underdressed! But, really, it didn't matter and everyone just looked like they were having fun!

Getting back to some previous comments.  The newest largest ship does indeed hold 10,000 people, including crew.  One article I just quickly googled commented that the ship itself has capacity for 10,000 passengers, but I didn't delve into it.  Regardless, having been on a previous largest ship in the world, they really do a good job of trying to move people to different places around the ship.  But, you also need to plan a little more and, IMO, get places earlier if it's something popular.

Also, as a counterpoint as to why people cruise.  Like mentioned, it's an ideal way to go to many locations and only have to unpack once.  This is especially true for overseas cruises - but I also admit that the long days can be tiresome and often leave me wanting more. It's part of the reason I haven't cruised in a long while, preferring land vacations.  But, I don't agree that Caribbean cruises are worthless.  Those could be the most relaxing for me, simply because I'm not running to one famous landmark after another.  I'm finally forced to lay in the sun and slow down.  The islands are beautiful. And, if you don't have a passport, many Americans can still visit via closed loop cruises (review the requirements before booking.) Millions of people cruise each year; you only hear about the bad experiences because that's what's newsworthy.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks @Alter Ego  for your comment.  

You are so right!  When you come from the Ocean as is Miami Beach up the coast or the western part of the gulf States it's not so exciting with access to beaches year around. Just hot and humid.

However, if your from up north or a colder climate it's  paradise.

I just want to keep the islands pristeen where the water is so crystal clear and the huge ships are not helping.  I'm now on the treasure coast and the ocean looks much clearer than Miami Beach.  I don't know the answer to why on this one.

I do know they are not allowed to dump garbage into the deep blue sea anymore. Smiley Happy

Thanks.

Trusted Contributor

We were on the Apex last week one of Celebrity's newer ships.  Celebrity is usually known for not a lot of kids and an older crowd.  The ship and cruise were amazing,  there was  a good mix of ages probably because of spring break.  The first two nights there was a super loud crowd somewhere near us it started at 12:30 AM we had our balcony window open.  By 1:00 AM it was not any softer sounded like 20 people singing yelling very drunk.  We called guest relations and they sent some up.  The second night we kept our window closed and they were so loud they woke us up with everything closed at 2:30 AM.  At 3:00 AM we called again (usually don't complain but it was bad).  Guest relations said policy is no party's after 10:00 PM.  The last night it was a little loud but not bad and the last night of the cruise Guest relations called us to ask us how it was and they ended up giving us a discount off a future cruise. 

I have not been on a carnival cruise,  but I do like to sleep at night on vacation. It would be a miserable cruise if you had a lot of rowdy partiers near you.