Frequent Contributor
Please tell me about traveling to Croatia.

Things to do and if you liked it and would ever do it again.

Thank you
Honored Contributor

Political Map of Croatia - Nations Online Project

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

@Klait  I'm curious on why you are interested in traveling to Croatia?  My sister and I just decided on a trip to Ireland later this year and have been to Italy, England, Germany and other countries, but hadn't considered going to Croatia.  We really had no idea on where to go, but chose Ireland just for the beauty and because we had never been to anywhere in Ireland and this tour will cover most of anything we may want to visit. 

Are we missing out on something wonderful to visit in Croatia?

If anyone has gone, please share!!

......You look like I need a drink.....
Valued Contributor

I had 2 nieces who taught school in Dubrovnik and said Croatia is beautiful.  My daughter was on a cruise in October and Croatia was one of the ports.  She too says it is beautiful and so very clean and tourist friendly.  My husband is Croatian so he loves hearing all good things.

Respected Contributor

My neighbors parents live in Croatia and we are thinking about going.  It's very clean, and tourist friendly.  She said one of the best things to do is rent a captain and boat to explore the coastline and some of the interior waterways.  Very beautiful.  Also find a local for a tour.  When her parents are here we get to go over for some traditional foods that are very good.  I'm super picky, but loved the things we ate.  

For you guys going to Ireland, I'm jealous.  It's bee 11 years since we went to Ireland and Scotland and it was the best trip we have ever taken.  Amazing.  Beautiful and the people are the best.

Respected Contributor

I know nothing about Croatia or why one would choose to visit the country. Appreciate the map being provided that helped to see where it is located.

Esteemed Contributor
I’ve only been to Croatia on cruise ships - Dubrovnik and Split. In fact, Split was a replacement port due to weather. Honestly, I don’t think anyone minded. Dubrovnik especially exploded after Game of Thrones prominently featured the city. It used to be lesser known and therefore less expensive; no idea if that’s still the case given how popular it’s become.

I keep looking at a tour - Plitvice Lakes National Park looks amazing - but there’s so many other countries that I haven’t been to. However, a friend of mine went on a tour last year and said she liked Croatia, but loved Slovenia more. That country was a stop on last season’s Amazing Race and it really looked incredible. Many tours include both.
Esteemed Contributor
We were in Croatia three weeks & a beautiful, interesting & clean country. The people are welcoming and food fabulous. As you get closer to Italy, the food was Italian & the best I’ve ever eaten. I loved Croatia, no downs to visiting there.
Frequent Contributor
CAcableGirl2

We considered Ireland as well. We chose Croatia because we have friends who have traveled in Europe and made mention of how much they loved certain areas. My son had a teacher who did the backpack around Europe and he said one of the most beautiful places he visited was Croatia. It was beautiful, not as busy as some of the “standard” vacation destinations and it is reasonable in terms of cost. We were interested in visiting the islands via ferry and/or boats. History is interesting to some of us in the family.
Frequent Contributor
SaveTheTurtles

To each their own on vacation choices. As long as I am paying for my trip we will choose to do what we find interesting.