Respected Contributor

Back from Amsterdam Brussels and Bruges

We are back from our 8 day trip.  I posted in the what's cooking in April thread under kitchen about what we ate which for the most part was awesome so I won't go over our meals here.  

In Amsterdam we went to the Rijiks museum where we got to see many Rembrandts, Vermeers and a few Van Goghs including his self portrait.  That same day we went on a boat ride through the canals.  The next day we went to Keukenhof  which is a large garden of tulips, dafodils and other spring flowers.  

In Brussels we went to the Fine Arts museum where we saw some old masters and a new exhibit on a famous Belgian surealist artiist named Magritte in which our hotel was decorated with his art. We also went on a 4 hour long chocolate and beer tour.  I am not much a beer drinker but I really did like some of the sour Belgian Lambic beers and we had an awesome whiskey filled chocolate in which DH bought some to bring home.  I also bought some other chocolates to give to my co-workers.  

In Bruges we took the day to explore the city which is very quaint.  

We stayed in very nice hotels.  The weather was chilly, cloudy and rainy for the most part but I had a winter coat so I was comfy.  DH's suitcase did not make it on the plane on the way home but they are sending it to us today.  So for the most part it was a very nice trip. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Back from Amsterdam Brussels and Bruges

@ninjawife Your trip sounds very intriguing. Seeing those masterpieces in person really brings them to life. I am glad you enjoyed your time there.

Trusted Contributor

@ninjawife 

Sounds like ya'll had an amazing time!

Respected Contributor

@ninjawife 

What a wonderful trip to go on!  It sounds amazing to me.  I'm so glad you got to experience all of this firsthand.💝🌸

Honored Contributor

Sounds wonderful!!!

Trusted Contributor

You had me at four hour long chocolate and beer tour!

Esteemed Contributor

Sounds like a lovely trip for both of you.

I was in college the first time I went to Germany and discovered dark beer.  A life changing event 😁

Honored Contributor

Of all the 50+ countries we've visited, Belgium along with Italy, is my favorite.  Glad you had a good time!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Have been to Amsterdam three times, and have yet to leave the airport 😕. (It is a great airport, but still!) Definitely want to see the tulips one of these days.

edited to say I just read what you had to eat.  Everything sounded delicious- sorry about the clunkers. And now I have to go get something to eat!

Valued Contributor

@Alter Ego - Yet to leave the airport (3 times no less?!) What happened?