Honored Contributor

Anyone been to the Sphere in Las Vegas?

worth it?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone been to the Sphere in Las Vegas?

I'm going to see it in early Dec when I go to LV to celebrate my 80th Bday and go to National Rodeo Finals ( free hotel and tickets for 3 days, hotel where we stay that time of year sent them unasked). I'm going to look into a tour of sphere because a concert by U2 is out of my budget.

Honored Contributor

I've seen lots of videos of the interior and it's very impressive.  I'd definitely like to see it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Hi, @CANDLEQUEEN !  We live in Henderson (Vegas burbs) and our son in California recently visited us and treated us to a showing of Postcards from Earth.  We were in the nosebleed seats, section 405, about 6 rows down from the top ($89 each per website).

Doors opened at 7 pm, show at 8 pm.  Lots of food and beverage options including alcohol if that's your jam.  It is attached to the Venetian on the upper level so pretty easy access but a long walk.

When you enter, there are interactive displays of robots, avatars, etc associated with the technology.  Escalators and elevators to get you to your section.  Escalators and stairs in the theater are very steep; could be a problem for those afraid of heights.  

We were on the end of the row, so anyone in an interior seat in our row had to step over us, which was pretty impossible unless we stood.  Given the design/shape of the theater, this may not be as much of an issue for lower seats.

The movie screen goes all the way over your head and the experience is supersensory.  Seats vibrate during sections of the movie with rockets launching or an elephant moving past, for example.

As for the movie, I didn't care much for the storyline but the scenes of this planet and the life it holds were oustanding.  

All in all, I'm glad we went but I don't need a return visit.

Trusted Contributor

@MJDinVegas  I had no idea it was connected to the Venetian. Interesting.

I like the outside of it because you never know what it is going to be. An eyeball, a basketball, a smiley face, it really is cute.

They let someone live film inside on opening night and I honestly have no desire to go to anything in there. U2 (the band) opened it and wow! Stimulation overload and I was only watching online. I can't imagine what it was like being inside. I literally had to look away at one point as there was so much flashing and moving I got dizzy. My first thought was "I sure hope they have signs warning anyone with epilepsy".

It cost them 2 BILLION dollars to build. It is pretty cool but like I said, I wouldn't go there for any sort of show.

Seats vibrating, steep stairs to get up to the seats anyone can afford, whew, I couldn't do it.

I don't know if they have tours but unless all the screens are on so you get the full effect of being inside a globe I don't think a tour would impress me. I am glad they let someone livestream it so I am never tempted to ever buy a ticket to anything!

Honored Contributor

Thank you to all who replied. I am not sure when we will be going to Las Vegas, but not sure I would do the show here.

Very afraid of heights, so that would definitely be a problem for me, unless we paid a whole lot more for tickets to be in lower level.

Which I understand are mega expensive....Looking at it from the outside would be cool enough for me I think!

Respected Contributor

DH wants to go. I have no desire to see it. Over the years, we've been to Vegas probably twenty times. I no longer enjoy going.
I miss the strip before it became so congested and it was easy to cross the streets without all the escalators. 

Honored Contributor

I went there to see U2 earlier this month, it was a wonderful experience. The sound and visuals were amazing.

I was in general admission on the floor so it was a different perspective than being in the seats as far as the visuals. U2 has been my favorite band since I was in high school and they still are (along with Springsteen and the E Street Band).
"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

My kids were there for the opening week of U2, they did say it was amazing. 

Respected Contributor

A friend just returned from LV a few weeks ago.  She was not too impressed.  Had tickets to get in for a show (not concert) and they were in line for over an hour.  She thought it was more geared to "younger folk".  We are seniors.  However, they did attend the Cirqu de Soleil Beatles and LOVED it.  I saw that 10 years ago and it was one of the best performances I have ever seen.  Vegas was VERY crowded the 4 week days she was there.