Frequent Contributor

Re: Any Issues With Layover Time Being Too Short?

I just flew back from France two weeks ago, had fallen disembarking from a Viking cruise, and had a gash on my eye that needed stitches and two broken bones in my hand and no one on either flight offered to help me put my bag in the overhead bin. You can't count on a kind soul to assist you in this age of flying. I noticed on this trip and one I took to Greece in July that the manners we used to take for granted went out the door in the past few years. My advice is to only take what you can easily handle. People don't exit the plane from the front to the back like they used to...it's a free for all getting off the plane too. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac  As the cool kids used to say in 2022, I understood the assignment.

IMG_3745.jpeg

I had a pretty long layover and was an easy walk to Terminal D from where my flight is leaving from (E).  Even though I'm not the OP, I appreciated the suggestion. Very nice.

Super Contributor

To the OP and to all travelers who check bags....   consider getting a luggage tracking device, like the Apple AirTag.  They have saved me a couple times.  Once when flying from AMS to SFO.   My checked bag did not come out on the carousel along with everyone else's and airport personnel told me that all bags had been unloaded, but my AirTag told me the bag was at SFO.  So, I waited for a bit, and sure enough here comes a few more bags.  If not for the tracker, I would have left the airport.  Then, on a flight from BER to MUC to SFO, again, no bag, but AirTag told me that the bag was still in MUC (I had a short connection; I made the flight but my luggage did not).   So, I knew not to wait, and I was able to track my bag all through the home delivery process, which took 2.5 days.  

they are relatively inexpensive.  I put one in my carry-on too because I'm often asked to check my carry-on at the gate.  

HAPPY TRAVELS TO ALL!