Honored Contributor

Re: Any Issues With Layover Time Being Too Short?

[ Edited ]

Thanks, @beach-mom.  It's easier for me to go there than for all of them to come here to me.  My son, daughter in law, three grandsons and one great grandson.  I'll just have to make sure there is decaf coffee and some half & half in the house, lol.  

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac, I'll definitely have plenty of time to eat at the Atlanta airport, lol.  Gonna put the name of the restaurant in my purse cause I usually love crab cakes.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@ByrdieK , yes, most definitely, I'll have my Dramamine and eye meds in my bag.  And. add undies.  I always check my luggage if my husband isn't with me.....I'm a shortie and don't like to ask for help putting it overhead.  Plus, it's a hassle getting it down.  Not everybody is in a time crunch but everybody is in a rush to get off, right.  I'm in row 13 on all of the flights, coming and going.

Super Contributor

I would never do that short of a layover today with all of the airline delays and problems.

If you make a connection in Charlotte, NC (American Airlines hub) you must have at least an hour as there are some gates that are literally a mile apart. I even clocked it with my smartwatch.

Trusted Contributor

I just went on a River Cruise in Europe and had two one hour connections.  I haven't flown a lot lately and that was dumb.  Both times we ran for our lives and were almost the last ones on the plane.  We had a flight from Budapest to Munich with 1 hours in Munich. The plane arrived late. We somehow got off the plane ran and got on a train to next terminal and was shocked to see we had to go thru passport control, ran up double floor escaltors (thank goodness my fitbit had died because I think it would have been flashing to call 911 because my heart rate was so high).  We ran for the plane which was  of course at the end of the terminal and it left a little late and we were almost that last ones on the plane.  

In the future I will make sure no quick layovers.

Trusted Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie 

If you can, send your bags ahead of you. I've used,-send my bags from my home to my destination. It's something else not to worry about.

If at all possible, change your flight.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mmsfoxxie   Seems like all the great posters gave you great, helpful advice.  Honestly, I haven't flown in 4 years.  I always would rather have a little extra time.  And it seems flights are so overbooked, that the next flight could be two days later.  I hope you have a great trip.  Sounds like your changed flight will be perfect for you.  

Once in Philadelphia, we ran, I mean, ran from an intl connection, with customs.  Did our best but we made it, with plenty of dirty looks from the other passengers.  We got the worst seats on the plane and took a bit for us to catch our breath.  

Trusted Contributor

Yes from From Frankfurt, Germany to Vienna, Austria.

The flight left 45 to 50 minutes late on Lufthansa, and we had about an hour and half delay.

Well guess what? We didn't get our luggage.  

PS.  Even the plan from origin Miami was 45 minutes late. and I knew it would happen. OMG.....

Please allow at least  2 hours or a bit more for flights.

Then you can relax. Sorry.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Mmsfoxxie  "My Atlanta layover is two and a half hours before going to Albany."

Will give you a chance to have a nice meal & check out all the retail stores.  Delta's terminal is a giant mall & restaurant alley!

I highly recommend the "crabcake sandwich" from Phillips restaurant. 👍🏾

If you still have time to kill after doing the above, take a train ride from one terminal to another, get off at the end & take the above ground air tram to the international terminal. Smiley LOL

Due to the Delta Saturday Scaries (that's when they do their schedule changes), I now have a 3:45 sit in ATL next week. I'm definitely going to give Phillips a try as I'm getting tired of SkyClub food. Phillips first, and then I'll hit the club in the international terminal with the outdoor deck for some plane spotting. Gotta love the smell of Jet A! 

~Not a new poster, never been banned. Every time I take a break, I have to re-register for some reason~
Esteemed Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie .. I am short also.  But I have always found kind people to help put my bag in the overhead bin and take it down for me.