Regular Contributor

Albuquerque Balloon Festival

Anyone ever been to the balloon festival in Albuquerque? It looks amazing, but am just wondering if there is anything else nearby to see or do.

Honored Contributor

Re: Albuquerque Balloon Festival

@KG60.  Are you kidding?  New Mexico has endless historical sites, a Native American culture that is fascinating, museums, great shopping for Southwestern items like jewelry, beautiful mountain and desert scenery, wildlife, the list goes on and on.  Albuquerque  is only about 50 miles via Interstate highway from Santa Fe.   It also has the longest aerial tramway in the US.  

I've lived many places and New Mexico has more to see and do than any place I've lived. 

The balloon Fiesta itself is super spectacular and unlike anything else you'll ever see.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Screenshot_20211001-182250_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211001-182513_Chrome.jpg

Trusted Contributor

And there are some great restaurants!....DW

Honored Contributor

Santa Fe is beautiful and not far from Alburquerque.  My DD lived in Santa Fe for over a year and I loved visiting her.  Museums, gorgeous architecture and Bandolier Monument Park which is so much fun to tour  Shopping, native culture, FOOD, it was all good.  

Super Contributor

The balloon festival is spectacular, but there are thousands of other wonderful things to see and do throughout the area, as others have mentioned.  I would love to visit the entire area again, and not just at Balloon time!

Respected Contributor

What an exciting place to visit ( I’ve never been) and be lucky to even live there!
Regular Contributor

We have never been out West, have always wanted to go. Sounds like a beautiful place! Thank you so much for the info. 

Honored Contributor

Never been but it's definitely on my bucket list.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree   If you can't get there the (roughly) first 10 days of October, you can watch it live online on Weekends on the NBC,  ABC  or CBS Albuquerque  TV  stations.  They have excellent ground and helicopter coverage.  That's how I watch it.

The mass ascension coverage starts at 5am MDT.