Valued Contributor

Re: AA passengers bring your own H2O

Makes alot of sense.  Let the seat sit empty or build "goddwill" letting someone else be comfortable.

Honored Contributor

@granddi wrote:

@Squirrels Are Trash wrote:

Huh...🤔 I didn't need another reason to hate American Airlines, yet here it is.😳🫦

Here's another reason: Passengers can no longer move to another unoccupied seat (after departure). You may be moving to a more expensive seat such as one that has more leg room, Window seat etc. If you wish to move you must ask attendant and pay the upgrade. 

@granddi I haven't seen any unoccupied seats on any flights I've been on in years.  I did fly with a guitar in the seat next to me on one flight thought.  The Flight Attendant put it there, so I don't know if it bought a seat or not. 

Honored Contributor

@NYwoman wrote:

I don't want passengers bringing any food or drinks on board.   I thought that it was prohibited to bring drinks with you.   With as many confirmed and unknown people on the watch list and those who should be on the watchlist that have been allowed into the country unvetted, the mere thought of someone bringing an unknown liquid on board with them is FRIGHTENING.   And the number of air marshalls has been cut drastically.   

Fly at your own risk.

@NYwoman They'd have to be buying it inside the airport to be able to bring it on-board.  At least beverages and hot food.  It happens all the time.  I always pack snacks and sometimes bring a small empty bottle I can fill at the water fountain.  

Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego wrote:

I guess I don’t take long enough domestic flights where I ever recall more than one beverage service. I do tend to buy something to bring on board regardless.

@Alter Ego We always got two beverage services on our flights from Atlanta GA to Bozeman MT on Delta.  I don't drink a lot so one was enough for me.  

Respected Contributor

Alaska serves two beverage rounds when i fly BOS-SEA(tac).  As soon as they level off out comes the first cart.    premium seat pax can get extra cocktails too aside from the carts.  i don't see Alaska Airlines changing beverage choices . Enjoy flying Alaska...  never had a passenger disruption that i know of (other then the shrooms pilot but that was on Horizon)

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

AA is currently in the midst of rather contentious, protracted contract negotiations with their FA's, who've been working without a contract for quite some time. They've already voted to authorize a strike, which of course, the airline would like to avoid. This is a seemingly minor concession to the FA group, since all you have to do if you want another beverage is to get out of your seat and go get it. 

I don't fly AA, but I always have snacks and a filled water bottle with me when I board a plane. It's just common sense. 

~Not a new poster, never been banned. Every time I take a break, I have to re-register for some reason~
Respected Contributor

@Zwervend I too always board with water and a snack. If I am going from point A to B that is easy.  But if you are connecting with limited time, you might not have time to refill a water bottle. That has happened to us. I think it is what @Kachina624 says, the policy allows attendants to sit. 

The shortest flight for SWA is from Dallas to Austin-about 45 min?

Humm....Very often the pilot would announce that there might be turbulence so beverage service. Ask attendants to keep seats. Yes, it was very hectic to get people served especially the alcohol.

I've always wondered why there wasn't a pick up your own water bottle at the front door of boarding. Oh but that might cost a few cents per passenger. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LindaSal wrote:

That's interesting but you know I always thought why on earth do they give people so much liquid??  I know you have to hydrate but jeez, then everyone has to use the bathroom and meanwhile they frown upon you getting out of your seat.........airlines have to be the worst run business in the country.  Everything they do makes no sense.......don't even get me started on the whole "boarding" fiasco.

@LindaSal @People become more dehydrated when flying than on the ground. This is because they keep the humidity on the plane very low which leads to dehydration. Good hydration can also help to prevent blood clots. 

Respected Contributor

DH checking into international flights and discovered get AA charges more for window and aisle seats.  Gracious, when did this start?!  we got burned years ago when AA expired our frequent flyer miles so we don't have any alliance to them.  So much to learn when planning a trip.