Esteemed Contributor

Re: New Season of American Idol

I usually don't watch much because am not a fan of Katy.  And if I do watch, I wait till the contestant number get smaller, but checked in yesterday for a little while.  I do think it is so cruel to talk to the contestant as if they didn't get picked and then...surprise...you are one of the 24 !!

Respected Contributor

I read this is Katy's last season, wonder who will replace her? I don't mind Lionel or Luke.

Honored Contributor

Last night saw 6 contestants go home. There were 10 contestants in the danger zone, with the judges choosing 4 contestants to continue on their journeys. Some good contestants went home who deserved better, it really is a popularity contest. 

Respected Contributor

A lot of good singers went home last night. I was surprised at the judges saves Woman Frustrated

Respected Contributor

We were happy to see that Tristan and Will went through.  The judges pick "thing" is stupid IMO.  Just let America vote and be done with it.

JMO.

Valued Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I didn't see a thread for the show, so I thought I would start one. The contestant who is Trans told her heart wrenching story, sang one of my favorite songs She Use To Be Mine, which was heartbreakingly perfect. As for Alyssa Ragu (?) a former contestant hijacking her friend's audition, she made it through, the friend didn't, she stabbed her in the back (Alyssa wasn't in the room her friend called her in, it backfired on her). I loved the last contestant Michael Rice from England, what a performance. 

I've been watching and I don't recall anyone saying they were trans.  What is/was the name?  BTW, I'm rooting for KB Richins or Jack Blocker!

Respected Contributor

@HisElk1 wrote:

We were happy to see that Tristan and Will went through.  The judges pick "thing" is stupid IMO.  Just let America vote and be done with it.

JMO.

@HisElk1 Yes, America is the one that will buying their music. Not a fan of  judges pick at this point of the competition.

Esteemed Contributor

Ajii was one of my favorites and I was shocked that he went home.  The audience was surprised that he was in the bottom 10.  I thought, for sure, the judges would save him.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@snipsnapsnur,  In between singing two songs, Amari Keys, who also performs as Amari Scott Keys and Amari, shared her story of being a transgender woman and losing contact with some people because of it.

She was among those cut the first night; her performance was not aired.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

Ajii was one of my favorites and I was shocked that he went home.  The audience was surprised that he was in the bottom 10.  I thought, for sure, the judges would save him.  

@Citrine1 I couldn't believe he wasn't saved either, unreal.