Respected Contributor

Christina, Tarek, and Heather HGTV New Show

[ Edited ]

My son sent me this. He knows how much I miss the original Flip or Flop. I can't believe it is true. This promo photo seems legit.

IMG_3830.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Re: Christina, Tarek, and Heather HGTV New Show

He sent more information. The show is called "The Flip Off." Christina's husband Josh will appear as well. It will air in early 2025.

Respected Contributor

I watch the HgTV channel a lot. This one is would not watch. Never cared for Tarek El Moussa on any of his shows.  

Esteemed Contributor

I saw this video on Facebook, but there was no mention of a new show and thought it was just  a joke.

I watched Flip or Flop since the beginning and loved it. Guess I'm in the minority, but wish it was still on.   Also watched and enjoyed both Tarek's and Christina's individual shows.  

I'll be watching this new one, should be fun.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think I will say No.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@twinsister You are not alone. I miss Flip or Flop. I was never a fan of Tarek, but the show worked. I remember in the beginning when they hired a designer for a flip. They did not know what it needed. 

I will be watching when the new show airs in early 2025.

Esteemed Contributor

I was never a fan of Tarek and I'm even less of a fan of Heather's.  As much as I love Christina's designs, I'm not sure I can watch it with those two.  I'll give it a chance though.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

I like the original show, though not necessarily the people in it.  I watched Christina's show a little bit and lost interest.  I never watched Tarek's show.

I think they were the classic two is more than the sum of the 2 parts thing.

The truth is there is not much money to be made in flipping these days, not for a while in the southern California area where they are/were, and their initial careers flopped.  I found interesting what they did in the initial show.  I don't find THEM entertaining outside that context.

Honored Contributor

I won't be watching. I wish they would bring back Jeff Devlin in Stone House Revival. It was cancelled after DIY moved over to Magnolia Network which didn't have a place for his show?

Respected Contributor

Deal presented to all 3: This is your new show. This is your only option on HGTV. Take the money and do the show or move on.