Honored Contributor

Re: Baseball talk, 2023 season, spoilers, scores, all are welcome!

In the booth for today's game are Kay, Coney and John  Flaherty. 

Cole will face his bil today.  Brandon Crawford, the SS, is Cole's wife's brother. 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Trusted Contributor

Lets go Yankees!  Good luck to Aaron Judge, the new Yankee captain.  I have to get use to saying Aaron Judge as the captain, since it was Derek Jeter for so long!  

Honored Contributor

@sophiesofers welcome!  Were you listening in to my conversation just now? LOL I just said that to my gf. 

A passing of the torch from one generation to another. 

Looking forward to seeing Volpe introduced. I can't imagine how he feels, but I'm sure I'll get goosebumps. 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

I got goosebumps when Judge was introduced as The Captain! 

I got teary when Volpe was introduced.  He's wearing a patch that says MLB debut.  I can't imagine how his parents feel..............so exciting.
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35  and @jbinrwc  are you watching? 

Trusted Contributor

@dmod nj    A passing of the torch from one generation to another is a perfect statement for this.  My son played baseball growing up and of course the Yankees and Derek Jeter were his idols!  I can't tell you how many Derek Jeter baseball cards he has!  Anyway, I associate Derek Jeter era as it was the same time frame my son played baseball.  It will be interesting to see how it now goes with Aaron Judge, who is awesome in his own right. 

Congrats to Anthony Volpe too!  I agree about getting goosebumps watching him! He is 21 years old and is the Yankees opening day shortstop!  He was selected out of high school with the 30th overall pick in the 2019 draft from Delbarton School in New Jersey.

He passed up a college commitment to Vanderbilt to sign with the Yankees. 

I am sure his parents are extremely proud today!  

Honored Contributor

@sophiesofers what's so ironic about Volpe.....he and Al Leiter's son played together at Delbarton.  I lived Morris County, where the school is located. I followed both their high school careers. They were plastered all over the local sports paper.  

I hope Al's son makes it very soon. 

I can't imagine the excitement, pride and nerves Volpe's family...........and Volpe himself are experiencing today. 

Honored Contributor

Captain Judge hits a homer on his first at bat! Woohoo! 

Respected Contributor

Old English DRed Wings Gal reporting for duty on opening day!

We are in TB to open

Good Luck to everyone's teams this season!!

Bless you boys!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Respected Contributor

BTW, I finally got my first tattoo!  I have been talking/thinking about it for like 10 years!

I got the "D" on my right inside wrist.  It hurt like the dickens, but at 64, I figured better do it if I am going to!!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it