Respected Contributor

I don't mind paying for good shoes. I have never worn these but would like to hear comments about this brand.

Trusted Contributor

I have several pairs of Gentle Souls -- very comfortable -- that I've bought over the years. My favorite style is "Bay Unique." A friend of mine was wearing attractive flats (the "Bryan Flat"), and I complimented her on them. She said they were very comfortable "like your Gentle Souls." She said they were Taryn Rose. She also said they run true to size like Gentle Souls.

I agree with you. I'd rather pay more for good shoes.

Trusted Contributor

I had purchased numerous pairs of Taryn Rose shoes when the company was owned by Dr. Taryn Rose.  The leather, or suede, was supple; the support excellent, and the styles were wonderful. Rose is an orthopedic surgeon so she designed the shoes with that knowledge and experience in mind.  I still have every pair that I purchased! I have thong sandals, flats, loafers, mid-heel, and high-heeled pumps.  They last forever.  I believe that the company was sold in 2008.  The shoes are still manufactured but I haven't purchased any since 2002.  I would love to purchase now but they aren't available in a size that I need. Many of the styles are in the 150.00-300.00 range and available at NM, Zappos, etc.  Try them; if not, you can always return them.

I , too, like Gentle Souls but they don't have my size either.  They are well-made as well (a division of Kenneth Cole, I think).  Eileen Fisher shoes are similarly styled as Taryn Rose and Gentle Souls.

Dr. Rose was supposed to work on another line of high heeled shoes with an Italian designer, Enrico Cuini for Dresr; the shoes were to range in price for 395.00-1995.00!

Honored Contributor

I bought a couple pairs and were disappointed.  For me there is no support, and little cushioing.  I am 68 and have arthritic feet.  I am not hard to fit, and have an average width foot, and wear 8.5.  I love the styles, but I need more padding and a little more support.  They were murder on my feet when I had to walk on cement or hard floors. They did not absorb shock.  They were okay on carpeting.  The leather is really, really nice though.  I just love her styles. I do love  Naot, Jambu, some Earth, and some high end european shoes.  They have to be flat shoes, comfy, roomy toe box, and very padded and they have to be real leather, soft as can be

JMHO

Honored Contributor

Re: Taryn Rose?

[ Edited ]

I have a few pairs of Taryn Rose that are probably 5 years old. They were comfortable and wore well. I bought 2 pairs last year and was surprised by the fit and quality. I needed to size up (no, my feet have not grown) and there was little padding in them. To me they quality didn't support the price tag.

Super Contributor

Have to agree with the others who say they just don't seem to have enough padding. I bought 2 gently worn pairs online and wasn't impressed.

Naot works well for my foot. My new fav is Bzees. Very comfortable and fun colors/designs. It's my alternative to sneakers. They are fabric, styled like a flat and comfortable like a sneaker. Made by Naturalizer.

Honored Contributor

I did not know she had sold the company; that explains a LOT.

I have basic pumps that I bought... YEARS ago that look amazing and no pain from Day 1. Wanted to add some boots so bought a pair as well as a "fashion heel" two years ago and they HURT every time I wear them. I thought it was ME.

Now I know. : (

Super Contributor

I have 2 pairs, about 4 years old. They do have supple leather and are much more comfortable than other shoes, but I am not convinced they are worth the prices...as I now see many other comfort brands with trendier styles at better prices. I have purchased Sofft from QVC and love them, paid umder $100.

Respected Contributor

Re: Taryn Rose?

[ Edited ]

I found Taryn Rose shoes extremely uncomfortable upon trying a pair.  Some Gentle Souls are very comfortable, as well as Naots, some Donald J Pliner and Cordani.

Esteemed Contributor

I am a bit dismayed to read the negative reviews.  I splurged last night and bought two pair and I rarely like to spend that much for shoes but I fell in love with the Ballerina Flats and the Knit mules.   I hope I am not disappointed. I am obsessed with nude shoes so I jumped all over these.  Oh well.  I can always return

I didn't realize Taryn Rose shoes have been on QVC before.