Respected Contributor

Is there going to be a turquoise color?

I've been waiting to see the pebble leather bitsy offered in a turquoise color. I see Spearmint and Mint (which looks like the same color as Spearmint only lighter) but these lean more towards green and the color Sky is very blue. Someone had posted photos of the new Spring Dooneys and it seems to me there was a distinctly turquoise bitsy bag in one photo. Does anyone know if it will be offered in a true turquoise?
Super Contributor

Re: Is there going to be a turquoise color?

Texasmouse, the two websites that have shown Dooney's for Spring 2015 are: www.chicinspector.com and www.theglamerousgleam.com In the chicinspectors pictures there are Bitsy bags sitting on top of a cabinet. The first one could possibly, and I say possibly be turquoise. Of course on the Dooney website, the blues in this bag could be very deceiving. I would suggest calling Dooney CS and ask them if they are going to make the Bitsy in turquoise. Wouldn't mind having a Zip Zip Satchel in turquoise myself. Let us know if you find out anything.
Honored Contributor

Turquoise is not a favored color this season. Sigh. It pains because when offered, it's always my choice.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

On 1/25/2015 allthatsgood said: Texasmouse, the two websites that have shown Dooney's for Spring 2015 are: www.chicinspector.com and www.theglamerousgleam.com In the chicinspectors pictures there are Bitsy bags sitting on top of a cabinet. The first one could possibly, and I say possibly be turquoise. Of course on the Dooney website, the blues in this bag could be very deceiving. I would suggest calling Dooney CS and ask them if they are going to make the Bitsy in turquoise. Wouldn't mind having a Zip Zip Satchel in turquoise myself. Let us know if you find out anything.

Thanks for the info, allthatsgood. I see what you mean about that bitsy bag on the top left, in the picture. This is the picture I had seen posted a while back and my first thought was, yay, turquoise! But pictures can be deceiving. I'll have to call Dooney CS and ask, like you suggested. I'm pretty sure the zip zip comes in turquoise though because when I saw a picture of it (not sure where, maybe the Dooney website), I told myself I just had to imagine a smaller version of it.

Valued Contributor

Hi Texasmouse, The saffiano Bitsy is coming in turquoise, but last time I checked the swatch didn't work yet, which is so annoying. I do think the "top shelf" Bitsy might be spearmint or mint or whatever. I can't wait for the new colors to be working!
Honored Contributor

On 1/26/2015 athenian said: Hi Texasmouse, The saffiano Bitsy is coming in turquoise, but last time I checked the swatch didn't work yet, which is so annoying. I do think the "top shelf" Bitsy might be spearmint or mint or whatever. I can't wait for the new colors to be working!

That reminds me... Last year I ordered a satchel that listed Aqua and several other new colors the same way, as "no picture available." It said they were on waitlist, so I ordered. The status never changed and the color disappeared, then came back, then disappeared. Finally, about 3-4 months later, the same bag showed up with Aqua in the color chart and available for sale, not just on waitlist. It took ages, but I finally got the bag I wanted. I hope this year they arrive much sooner!

Honored Contributor

They usually seem to do many summer bags in aqua or turquoise... And as for that swatch thing not working, it's ridiculous... They redid the entire website, not that it's anything to write home about, and one of the big complaints about the old one was the color swatches not working... I mean really, WHAT was the point and how difficult can it be to fix...?

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Contributor

I messaged the Dooney FB page about this and was told that Turquoise is the same as Sky but a shade darker. Aqua, Spearmint and Mint are all on the green side. The only Turquoise I've found is in Saffiano. I really like the Claremont Cayden Medium with vachetta trim. Wish I'd gotten it when it was on sale on the Dooney site!!!!

Occasional Contributor

I got the zip zip in the bigger size in what is described as 'Aqua' .... But it is the perfect turquoise colour I had seen. Good luck finding yours.Smiley Happy