Esteemed Contributor

Re: Fly London …seriously?

@amyb wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@amyb 

Agree that FL is more visually creative as Spring Step is, but Spring Step isn't even near the same as far as support as Fly London.

I have tried Spring Step on and didn't buy them because they offered no support.

Absolutely...wasn't comparing them at all. Two different type shoes. One you pay for artistic details, and a unique brand (I don't know any other brand that looks like SS.) FL is, apparently more for structured comfort and also a funky look.

I was just using SS as an example that QVC likely has too high a price on both brands, (SS I can attest to that),  and can be found elsewhere for less. Which I guess was my original point.  

Now I want to try on a FL boot! Lol...but...I need nothing right now. Smiley Wink

@amyb The quality of Fly London is far supeior to Spring Step.  I can't speak in terms of support because I have never bought any Spring Step, I don't care for the styles, but the Fly London uppers are all top quality leather.  Spring Step uses fabric lininings probably to support a thin leather upper.  My feet notice the difference between the soft leather through the shoe and the unforgiving man made materials.  Leather lined shoes are now hard to find.  They used to be more common.

When one handles Fly London, the quality is obvious right away.

QVC puts Fly London on sale.  The regular prices are the same everywhere except for sales, which do happen.

Unfortunately, it looks like QVC is not bringing the wide sizes anymore, which is why I started buying Fly London to begin with.  I hope it is a temporary thing, another covid problem, because I love the shoes.  I hope QVC brings back the wides.

Esteemed Contributor

Since I discovered Fly London, it's hard to wear anything else.  I especially love their boots which are so comfortable you don't ever feel the need to take them off.  Expensive for sure, but like others I wait for a sale.  Quality well constructed leathers and suedes.  And the unique colors are also fun.  

Honored Contributor

@amyb wrote:

@ECBG @scatcat  ...it's kind of like Spring Step on QVC. Also a beautiful boutique brand.

I used to work as a buyer for a small boutique and we carried them...QVC's pricing for them is a good $50.00-$75.00, or more, higher than what our mark-up was.

@amyb 

I felt Spring Step very uncomfortable.  No way would I work in them.

Regular Contributor

I find Fly London's shoes very comfortable...

I've got a couple pairs of Fly London's casual sneaker type of shoes. I find them very comfortable to wear. So comfortable, in fact, that I have one of their styles in four different colors. Whenever I wear those shoes, I feel like I'm putting on a ballet slipper because the leather is soft and supple just like the leather that was used in the ballet slippers that I wore as a kid. Thankfully, unlike a ballet slipper, my Fly London shoes' soles are thick and give wonderful cushioning when I walk in them. I'm definitely glad I gave that brand a try.

Honored Contributor

@amyb wrote:

A454012 $235.00 plus S&H? Your basic, man made sole, albeit comfort footbed boot...

S&H is free.

And nothing "basic, man made sole" about them.  JMO.

Honored Contributor

@amyb

Apparently, you have never tried in Fly London.  SO very many people in retail wear them and they go quite a few seasons.   I WISH I had known about them when I taught. Beautiful leather and they feel like walking on a cloud. Fly pretty much sells out first!Smiley Happy

Top 30 Clapping Laughing GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

Honored Contributor

@scatcat wrote:

I own 3 pairs of Fly London (1 boot 2 sandals). I paid no where near $235 and agree that is super high. Plus IMO those boots are nothing special looking.

But I will say the FL's I own are super comfortable and uniquely cute

@scatcat 

I have the boots and they are ultra comfy.  How long since you heard a boot described like that?  That boot will easily go 4 seasons.  How many boots do that?

Honored Contributor

@lulu1 

Honey, I have the boots.  They have that same magic sole!  I love them!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@scatcat wrote:

I own 3 pairs of Fly London (1 boot 2 sandals). I paid no where near $235 and agree that is super high. Plus IMO those boots are nothing special looking.

But I will say the FL's I own are super comfortable and uniquely cute

@scatcat 

I have the boots and they are ultra comfy.  How long since you heard a boot described like that?  That boot will easily go 4 seasons.  How many boots do that?

@scatcat 

Probably 4+ years depending on wear.  They run slightly narrow.  I use shoe stretchers and love "Hot Socks" which are very thin and have a comfortable toe seam.

Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@lulu1 

Honey, I have the boots.  They have that same magic sole!  I love them!Smiley Happy

Honey??????