Contributor
On 4/5/2015 Carmie said:

The way people talk is regional. In some areas people speak slow and other areas people speak fast.

Here in PA, NJ and NY and some other areas of the northeast, we speak faster than people of some southern states and other areas of the country do.

I have no problem understanding any of the hosts or vendors, and I don't think they talk too fast.

I travel a lot and sometimes people speak so slow in other states that I feel impatient waiting for them to finish their thoughts. I just go with the flow as I am in their region.

As we say here in PA, we don't talk too fast, you listen too slow.

Enjoy your day!

Contributor

I agree that regionally people speak differently, however, I am from New York so I have no problem with people speaking a bit fast. Kerstin speaks at warp speed to the point where you cannot understand anything about the product being presented. Other hosts such as Carolyn, Dan and David speak clearly. All the hosts should be trained to do the same.

Trusted Contributor

I don't think she is too fast, but mutters and does it softly and that is the problem.

Esteemed Contributor
It is a regional thing and I too am from the NYC area....sometimes I have to pull myself back from cutting people off because they are speaking too slowly, for me. I love Jaime and her products but she is the only one who irks me a little....she speaks too fast even for me.
Esteemed Contributor

I think Kirsten talks the fastest of any host at the Q. And she also "mumbles" while talking fast. Insecurity might be the reason, b/c someone might actually be able to understand how little she knows of what she speaks.

Trusted Contributor

Although Kerstin went to college in Lancaster, PA, she grew up in Southern California. She came to QVC in 2011.

Esteemed Contributor
On 4/5/2015 jenjen1127 said:

I agree that regionally people speak differently, however, I am from New York so I have no problem with people speaking a bit fast. Kerstin speaks at warp speed to the point where you cannot understand anything about the product being presented. Other hosts such as Carolyn, Dan and David speak clearly. All the hosts should be trained to do the same.

You're right, jenjen1127. I'm from MA with relatives in your area. We all speak at the same pace. Many of the QVC hosts are clearly out of their element, needing training (speech and other areas) which the Q seems to be ignoring. I only watch now if there's something special I'm interested in. Aside from talking too fast (probably from nervousness), I'm fed up with the childish, unprofessional behaviors, ranting on about anything and everything but pertinent product information and unprofessionalism. I do enjoy Carolyn, Dan Hughes, MB and David though.

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry, but watching SG tonight, and she's got them all beat! I don't know when she takes a breath! {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Honored Contributor
On 4/5/2015 Beauty Maven said:
On 4/5/2015 AGV said: I have this same issue with Jaime (IT Cosmetics). She speaks so fast that it is completely distracting from the products she is describing.

Totally agree. I can't watch Jaime -- she's like a run-away train. Its as though she's afraid of being fired if she doesn't spit out every talking point at 500 miles an hour! Love her enthusiasm though ;o) But she needs to slow down. The building is NOT on fire!

I just posted this about Jamie on another thread. She says the same thing over and over and at top speed. Other offenders of talking too fast: Kerstin, David V., Susan Graver, Rick, Tara McConnell. I'm sure there are more as QVC seems to want that high speed talking.

Super Contributor

Like a tape recorder on fast forward.