Trusted Contributor

Re: Q50 - The Age of Possibility

Other people may have said this, but I didn't read all 12 pages of comments. I think QVC has had to simply bite the bullet and admit that their strategy of appealing to the younger demographic is just not going to work. So, they are finally going to address and accept the fact that the women who are supporting them are over 50. I do wonder now if they will also change some of the strategies they have for the hosts to be "like us," and perhaps stop with the juvenile singing and dancing (althugh, I really don't know WHAT demographic likes that).  And, I do know that there are people, across all ages, who do like that stuff, and find it refreshing. Not me.

Honored Contributor

Mary Beth and Leah probably wanted nothing to do with it. Can't blame them. They appear more real to me than the others. 

Respected Contributor

I haven't read the replies and have no idea what the Age of Possibility even means.

I do suspect the women over 50 are the ones with the money and financial means of purchasing. Smiley Tongue

Honored Contributor

Age doesn't make you wonderful, age doesn't make you not wonderful.  WOMEN=age and beauty to the retail world and will never be more than that.  No matter if one cures cancer and brings about world piece on the way to work some day.  

Honored Contributor

Got my little QVC promo flyer in the mail today.  Looks like empowered and wonderful means lots of cosmetic surgery judging from the flyer.  And some smart clothes and you'll wonderful and empowered.  

Respected Contributor

Oh my word, how did I ever make it through my fifties without QVC....just lucky I guess! 🤔

Respected Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

This campaign lacks honesty. No woman looks at 70-80 like she does in her 50's. Otherwise, we would see more major cosmetic retailers using women 70 as models to sell their products. QVC is tone deaf.🧏‍♀️ 

Yes, and of course the beauty industry is not about honesty. Illusion is what they sell.

Trusted Contributor

It seems that the hosts are embracing their age by getting cosmetic surgery. Just saw Sandra this morning and she is ruining her pretty face with too much filler. It just looks puffy and doesn't move.
Super Contributor

If women would stop trashing each other's looks, that would be a great first step. People make fun of those with wrinkles, weight issues, etc. then bash those same people if they get plastic surgery, fillers, etc., or lose weight in a way other than a way they deem acceptable. It's so shallow and stupid. We should be better than that! There is already a double standard re: men and women and what aging looks like. Women don't have to act against each other and keep perpetuating that nonsense.

“…nevertheless, she persisted.”
Respected Contributor

@Steffdoggy10 wrote:
It seems that the hosts are embracing their age by getting cosmetic surgery. Just saw Sandra this morning and she is ruining her pretty face with too much filler. It just looks puffy and doesn't move.

I can't get past those bangs. I always thought she was so pretty but I think the bangs take away from her pretty face. Just my opinion; not trying to be mean.