Esteemed Contributor

Haven't been here in awhile and was wondering why this form have changed so much.  I useto enjoy hearing about everyones pets, sharing information and learning about the different products everyone used.  Now it seems to be page after page of memes,  While they may be pet related, not really discussion worthly.  Do people no longer want to talk about their own pets?

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy.  I agree, and most of what's posted is just very ordinary,  not funny or cute.  I don't usually even bother looking at them anymore.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I have brought two discussions about my adopted cat who is a new challenge to me.   

There have been a few other discussions.   The pictures are cute, too.   

Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy I like the photos. Please feel free to post an animal story.

Super Contributor

@CrazyDaisy    this is zeke, our 1 year old kitten that survived deadly fip      it is illegal for vets to treat them with the required medicines        we fortunately found an online group that has access to the needed medications and vet studies to know how to save many cats

mrshckynut 

20230508_184730.jpg

Respected Contributor

@mrshckynut wrote:

@CrazyDaisy    this is zeke, our 1 year old kitten that survived deadly fip      it is illegal for vets to treat them with the required medicines        we fortunately found an online group that has access to the needed medications and vet studies to know how to save many cats

mrshckynut 

20230508_184730.jpg

@mrshckynut , you have a gorgeous and very lucky cat.  I love orange cats, well.... I love all cats.

Many thanks to you and your DH for saving so many. Heart

Regular Contributor

Re: Why the change?

[ Edited ]

@CrazyDaisy and @Kachina624 ....I agree 1000%. Thank you for stating what many are probably thinking about the "change".

Honored Contributor

I had pets most of my life, first dogs then cats.  After my last cat passed I made a decision to not get another pet because physically I am not up to giving it the care it needs.  I do miss my pets a lot but my nieces and nephews have dogs and cats I can always visit and enjoy.  This post is always filled with fun  and comments from pet owners.  I can relate to all.

Honored Contributor

Re: Why the change?

[ Edited ]

This topic has been discussed several times, and I am torn as to what I think is the actual problem, the source of any problem, or any solutions.

The history, from what I experienced, was that 

the funny, sweet, cute, heartwarming daily pix all were confined to 2 or 3 specific threads (such as the "PICTURES OF JUST DOGS" thread as an example).

This allowed daily multiple images without flooding the sub-forum with multiple individual new threads pushing other discussion threads down the page.

Over time, I noticed a decrease in the number of discussion threads and increase in individual picture threads.

Some posters have said they stopped using the "Pet Lovers" section for general animal discussions due to the multiple daily pix threads... 

but at the same time it seems to me we also have a decrease in the number of posts/posters overall in the entire QVC Community.

It seems we don't have as many posters, in general, plus we also have a shift in the types of threads here.

I think we all can agree that we share a deep affection for animals, "all God's creatures great and small," everyone posts with the good intent to share and interact with one another, the topic need not be acrimonious or polarizing, and perhaps there's a solution that would be an acceptable compromise for everyone?

Or not?🙃😊

I enjoy the images and also the conversations... I'd love to hear what others think about this.😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Regular Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

This topic has been discussed several times, and I am torn as to what I think is the actual problem, the source of any problem, or any solutions.

The history, from what I experienced, was that 

the funny, sweet, cute, heartwarming daily pix all were confined to 2 or 3 specific threads (such as the "PICTURES OF JUST DOGS" thread as an example).

This allowed daily multiple images without flooding the sub-forum with multiple individual new threads pushing other discussion threads down the page.

Over time, I noticed a decrease in the number of discussion threads and increase in individual picture threads.

Some posters have said they stopped using the "Pet Lovers" section for general animal discussions due to the multiple daily pix threads... 

but at the same time it seems to me we also have a decrease in the number of posts/posters overall in the entire QVC Community.

It seems we don't have as many posters, in general, plus we also have a shift in the types of threads here.

I think we all can agree that we share a deep affection for animals, "all God's creatures great and small," everyone posts with the good intent to share and interact with one another, the topic need not be acrimonious or polarizing, and perhaps there's a solution that would be an acceptable compromise for everyone?

Or not?🙃😊

I enjoy the images and also the conversations... I'd love to hear what others think about this.😊

There are too many individual picture threads flooding the Pet Lovers section. I think many have left this section because of this. I'm all for posting pictures for those that wish to see, but they need to be in one thread such as "Pictures of Dogs" as you stated. I don't view the barrage of these individual picture threads. It's become excessive. I come here for information and have helped a few posters in the past when recommendations were needed for products.