Honored Contributor

Sat there happly crying and blowing my nose

I finally had to stop watching.  The You Tube films  of people getting puppies after they may have lost a dog.  It's so sweet.  So touching.   Happy tears, and lots of AWWWWW's.  Or the kids who get the dog they'd been wanting, so sweet.  

But the same goes when dogs get reunited with owners once they are found, and the ones who'd been lost, or just adopted.

I'm always so happy for the happy ending of dog stories.

Honored Contributor

Re: Sat there happly crying and blowing my nose

@qualitygal 

Dog videos are my favorites now that I've overdosed on beauty videos.  I have to be in a certain frame of mind to watch them on YT or Instagram.  If I'm feeling particularly vulnerable, I can't watch.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qualitygal  Oh, how sweet! Dogs are just pure love.

I know I can't watch anything emotional that has to do with dogs, in particular, without almost always tearing up or completely tearing up. It's like they have a straight path directly to my heart like nothing else, that strikes instantly. 

ASCPA commercials instantly make me tear up but in a bad way. When they come on I have to close my eyes and race for the remote to change the channel.

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals" -Immanuel Kant

"Once you have had a wonderful Dog, a life without one, is a life diminished"-Dean Koontz
Esteemed Contributor

@GingerHead wrote:

I know I can't watch anything emotional that has to do with dogs, in particular, without almost always tearing up or completely tearing up. It's like they have a straight path directly to my heart like nothing else, that strikes instantly. 

ASCPA commercials instantly make me tear up but in a bad way. When they come on I have to close my eyes and race for the remote to change the channel.

@GingerHead @qualitygal I agree with both of you.  The ASCPA commercials just kill me and I have to change the channel asap.  We have two dogs.  The older one is 13 and she is having issues.  She has already hung in there longer than I thought.  I broke down this morning at the thought of losing her. She will always be THE ONE.  She is the sweetest most loving dog we have ever had.  Ugh.  Can't type anymore.  Going off to the bathroom to collect myself now.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@GingerHead wrote:

@GingerHead @qualitygal I agree with both of you.  The ASCPA commercials just kill me and I have to change the channel asap.  We have two dogs.  The older one is 13 and she is having issues.  She has already hung in there longer than I thought.  I broke down this morning at the thought of losing her. She will always be THE ONE.  She is the sweetest most loving dog we have ever had.  Ugh.  Can't type anymore.  Going off to the bathroom to collect myself now.

@Puppy Lips 

Well, now I'm tearing up reading your post. We're all a mess here!

I'm so so sorry to hear about your little love having issues and you being sad about losing her at some point.

I feel all your pain because I've been there and am there now with my little love. Mine's not having issues yet but I was looking into his now cloudy eyes the other day thinking about the day he goes and it literally kills me to think about it (tears really pouring now). 

That's the thing....they just don't live long enough and it's so bitter sweet. I can't imagine living without a dog but imaging the end is excruciating. 

Now, we just can't think about the sad and instead enjoy every minute of the happy.

Enjoy your love now and try to put those sad thought out of your mind because they just get in the way. Heart

"Once you have had a wonderful Dog, a life without one, is a life diminished"-Dean Koontz
Esteemed Contributor

@GingerHead wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@GingerHead wrote:

@Puppy Lips 

Well, now I'm tearing up reading your post. We're all a mess here!

I'm so so sorry to hear about your little love having issues and you being sad about losing her at some point.

I feel all your pain because I've been there and am there now with my little love. Mine's not having issues yet but I was looking into his now cloudy eyes the other day thinking about the day he goes and it literally kills me to think about it (tears really pouring now). 

That's the thing....they just don't live long enough and it's so bitter sweet. I can't imagine living without a dog but imaging the end is excruciating. 

Now, we just can't think about the sad and instead enjoy every minute of the happy.

Enjoy your love now and try to put those sad thought out of your mind because they just get in the way. Heart

@GingerHead Thank you for your thoughts.  We actually got Sneakers when the dog that we had at the time, Indigo (Husky mix with one blue & one brown eye) was having issues.  I did know what was wrong with her and thought she was going to pass.  So we got Sneakers as a puppy because I thought it might be easier emotionally if we already had another dog.  Well a wonderful (and most handsome) Vet cured Indigo and she lived many more years.  About 5 years ago we got Luna (another Husky mix) because my husband was already accustomed to having two dogs as a companion to Sneakers.  That really has not worked out as I think they are too far apart in age to be friends or play.  I am not sure why exactly I am going on like this.  But, suffice it to say that once Sneakers has left us and when we are ready, we will get another dog to keep Luna company.  Given my age, I was thinking that this dog might be the last one that we ever get.  That thought alone makes me sad.  I don't know if it was you or someone else who said they could never be without a dog.  That is exactly how I feel.  I have to have dog(s) at home for companionship and just to keep me sane.  They are well worth the time and expense for me.  They give me so much more back than I can ever repay.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Trusted Contributor

@Puppy Lips 

Thanks for sharing! Heart

It sounds like you and your husband are wonderful and loving dog parents.

I absolutely agree with you, you should most definitely have a dog always if that's what you want. Not too old.

For my life and emotional sanity I require a dog...it's just a nonnegotiable. So I get it!

Sneakers and Luna are very lucky and loved doggies.Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@GingerHead wrote:

I can't watch those either! 
hugs @Puppy Lips .  I'm sorry about your sweet dog.❤️