Honored Contributor

I Just Saw the Sweetest Thing

...on Instagram.  Someone had two large dogs, one young and one quite old.  They were at the park and she was throwing balls to them.  She throws two balls at once.  One is thrown far, for the younger dog and the other she just pitches a short distance (a few yards) for the older dog with mobility problems.  Old dog doesn't feel left out and returns the ball "first" Smiley Happy  How kind is that!

1.jpg

2.jpg

Respected Contributor

Re: I Just Saw the Sweetest Thing

Aw, that is sweet.  Thanks for this nice, uplifting post.💝🌸

Respected Contributor

@monicakm  That is such a heartwarming story! Thank you for sharing Smiley HappyHeart! It goes to show that activities can be adapted to different abilities in dogs and they can still get exercise and have a sense of pride and fun in whatever they're able to do at any age! Such cute dogs- this is really sweet Smiley Very HappyHeartHeart

Super Contributor

What a beautiful story and pictures. Thank you for sharing! ❣️🐾
Honored Contributor

@SportyShorty07 

I would have never thought of doing that for an elderly dog.  Howie isn't into playing/fetching.  He's never played.  It's like he doesn't know he's supposed to lol  Sometimes I wish I knew his background and sometimes I'm glad I don't.

Respected Contributor

@monicakm  Its ok that Howie doesn't play fetch- he gets to play outside a lot and do whatever he wants to do! Your dogs seem to have a lot of fun with you Smiley Happy.  I thought of you today since I've been watching reruns of Dallas on Freevee- the hair, makeup and outfits on that show were absolutely incredible! Linda Gray (Sue Ellen) rocked  bronzy looks with coral lipstick and smokey eyeshadow- so glam.  Victoria Principal's character (Pam) rocked the monochromatic rosey terracotta makeup looks with a sleek red blowout- great glam looks on all of the ladies in every single episode and the guys were hunks- especially Patrick Duffy (Bobby) and Christopher Atkins (Peter) Smiley Very HappyHeart

Super Contributor

I love this!! Thanks for sharing!! 🐾💖

Trusted Contributor

@monicakm 

What a sweet story! They're so cute together ❣️

Thank you for sharing this! 😊

Honored Contributor

@monicakm,

Love it!Happy Easter Disney Gif - IceGif

Honored Contributor

@SportyShorty07 

I remember that show well. On one trip to Dallas, we drove by the house where it was filmed. I love the makeup looks on the ladies in that show and copied it to the best of my ability. What was the name of the Dallas spin-off... oh I remember, Knots Landing.  You weren't even alive back then LOL