Esteemed Contributor

@gizmogal wrote:

IMO, Wearing that shirt means:

I'm that grandma that will feed my grandkids anything they want or I think is good for them, even if their mom asked me not to, or warned me about allergies or snacks they can't have.

Ditto for being the grandma planting the infants and toddlers in front of the TV to watch my "programs" with me, even if mom says "no screen time".

I'm going to make sure grandsons wear blue and only play with toys like trucks and guns. My granddaughters will wear pink and are called princesses and only told how beautiful they are.

I"m that grandma who tells my grandkids to give all my friends hugs or kisses even though those people are strangers to them and they don't seem to want to hug a stranger. If their mom says they don't have to hug if they don't want to, I will argue they should be "friendlier" and kids aren't allowed to say No to getting or giving kisses and hugs.

I'm "sorry, not sorry" because I will cross parental  boundaries and ignore requests and parenting styles because I know better how to raise your kids and Grandmas have more to say about handling your kids than you do.

I'll wear that sweatshirt to make sure you know to get yourself irritated. And I probably bought that shirt for myself because I have the nerve to carry out everything it means. I love my grandkids sooooo much. So there...

@gizmogal That always bothered me -- when someone will tell their kid/grandkid to hug or kiss someone who is a stranger to them, even though they may be family.  I would never force a kid to hug or kiss someone they did not want to.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

My youngest grand is 13 so to me it would mean for me:   Strong independent who tells it like it is TO her grands like she did to her kids.  Has her own life.  Loves them to death and is proud and supportive. 

Would I wear it?  NO  

Honored Contributor

@newname0 What do YOU think it means?

Honored Contributor

I'm about to be a first time Grandma!!  My daughter is due exactly a month from today! Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

I'm sure it was given to grandma as a gift , by family . She probably hates wearing it in public .

Respected Contributor

@Chessa35 wrote:

I'm sure it was given to grandma as a gift , by family . She probably hates wearing it in public .

...Or she might love wearing it in piblic. Who knows.

Trusted Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@newname0 What do YOU think it means?

Put simply.  I'm the Grandma they don't like.  Too bossy, critical, judgmental ...  and I'm the only Grandma left (other than a step-Grandma who they prefer).

Super Contributor

all I can say is

See the source image

Respected Contributor

@newname0 wrote:

what message do you think you would be sending?

Grandma Letter Print Drawstring Loose Hoodie Casual Hooded Fashion Long Sleeve Sweatshirt Women's Clothing

That you have really bad taste in clothing?

Respected Contributor

Re: if you wore this

[ Edited ]

The message would be "I'm an idiot who likes to wear billboards."