Trusted Contributor

what message do you think you would be sending?

Grandma Letter Print Drawstring Loose Hoodie Casual Hooded Fashion Long Sleeve Sweatshirt Women's Clothing

Esteemed Contributor

I think you'd be saying ... I'm that grandma that constantly brags about her grandkids.

I'm that grandma that thinks her grandkids do no wrong.

I'm that grandma that you don't want to mess with when it comes to my grandkids.

That's just my opinion of the shirt.  And I'm that grandma who would never wear this shirt.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

I think you'd be saying ... I'm that grandma that constantly brags about her grandkids.

I'm that grandma that thinks her grandkids do no wrong.

I'm that grandma that you don't want to mess with when it comes to my grandkids.

That's just my opinion of the shirt.  And I'm that grandma who would never wear this shirt.  

@Citrine1 Me either.  In fact when our DIL was pregnant with their first child, I told them that I did not want any T-shirts, photo frames, etc. with "Grandma" on it.  Not because I am not proud to have grandchildren, but because they are not things I would wear or want to decorate with.  Now if one of my grandchildren gave me something, that is another story.

As far as the sweatshirt, I took it to be that she was a rather mean grandma.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

I would wonder why someone had to tell all that she was a Gramma.

And there was no one left to speak out for me....
Esteemed Contributor

@Puppy Lips   Funny you should say that.  Now I can see your point.  Like "I'm that grandma who won't put up with any ****** from my grandkids" or "I'm that grandma who will give them a smack when they need it", etc. 

I guess this sweatshirt can say all sorts of things.  

Like you, I have no desire to wear anything that announces I'm a grandmom.  It's the best part of my life, but I don't need to wear a tee shirt announcing it.  

Trusted Contributor

@newname0 wrote:

what message do you think you would be sending?

What message do you think that you would be sending?

“Children do not start wars, and they cannot end them, but they always pay the highest price.”  Catherine Russell, UNICEF Executive Director
Respected Contributor

The message you're sending with this post is you take a message on a tshirt way too seriously.

Trusted Contributor

IMO, Wearing that shirt means:

I'm that grandma that will feed my grandkids anything they want or I think is good for them, even if their mom asked me not to, or warned me about allergies or snacks they can't have.

Ditto for being the grandma planting the infants and toddlers in front of the TV to watch my "programs" with me, even if mom says "no screen time".

I'm going to make sure grandsons wear blue and only play with toys like trucks and guns. My granddaughters will wear pink and are called princesses and only told how beautiful they are.

I"m that grandma who tells my grandkids to give all my friends hugs or kisses even though those people are strangers to them and they don't seem to want to hug a stranger. If their mom says they don't have to hug if they don't want to, I will argue they should be "friendlier" and kids aren't allowed to say No to getting or giving kisses and hugs.

I'm "sorry, not sorry" because I will cross parental  boundaries and ignore requests and parenting styles because I know better how to raise your kids and Grandmas have more to say about handling your kids than you do.

I'll wear that sweatshirt to make sure you know to get yourself irritated. And I probably bought that shirt for myself because I have the nerve to carry out everything it means. I love my grandkids sooooo much. So there...

Esteemed Contributor

I'm that grandma that brags about her grandkids and.....maybe overindulges them. The operative word is "that". 

Honored Contributor

I'm a grandma and I'm not sure what it is trying to say. 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"