Respected Contributor

Squishmallows, the #1 popular stuffed toy in the US, are coming to McDonald"s Happy Meals. There will be 24 different ones, including some seasonal ones, so sounds like they will be offering them over an extended time. They are predicted to be highly collectible.

Honored Contributor

Never heard of them had to go Google. I want one of the owls. LOL!!! 

A bunch of different sizes. I like Vie The Owl Christmas toy 8". 

Honored Contributor

My older teenage grandkids collect the originals. ( 20, 18 & 14)   They won't be worth anything....just like the beanie babies.They aren't really collectible, but just another dumb fad.

Well, maybe the McD ones will be worth something if some aren't distributed in great quantities.  The employees will gobble them up for themselves if some are scarce like always or hand them out to their families and friends.

Honored Contributor

I hadn't heard of them either. They are very cute.

But I went to McD's a lot getting all the TY babies-thought they would pay for my kids college lol! 

Just like every other parent on the planet!

I'll maybe leave this craze up to my kids for the grandkids. Or get one for myself and a few for stockings-maybe😄

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Squishmallows

[ Edited ]

@Trailrun23  I had not heard of them until this week when my GD told me she  got one for her b'day. I said, What on earth is that? She said, It's round and squishy. I said, So am I! Hahaha!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PA Mom-mom,

That's really cute:Woman LOL

I may use that line with my little ones tooSmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Trailrun23 wrote:

Squishmallows, the #1 popular stuffed toy in the US, are coming to McDonald"s Happy Meals. There will be 24 different ones, including some seasonal ones, so sounds like they will be offering them over an extended time. They are predicted to be highly collectible.

Don't fall for the collectibility aspect.   Mickey D's did the same thing with mini Beanie Babies in the early 90's.  You have to hit it just right, building the collection, storing them, and knowing the precise time to get rid of them, if you hope to possibly make any kind of return on your investment.  We have a tub of BB's  to prove we didn't.  I should donate them somewhere.  

If you have small kids, get them the toys and let them enjoy them.  Forget about the chance of getting rich or paying for college.

Respected Contributor

I don't think for a minute they will be collectible, was just posting what the press release said. I have four granddaughters under age 7 and they are all over Squishmallows. Best place for the, I have found is Costco where the 16-inch ones are $12.99.  If they do t have the ones in the store I like, I just order them on their website. 
Best collectible McD ever had were the Madame Alexander dolls years ago. They were perfect little miniatures of big ones and my older granddaughters loved them. Collectors would come in and want to just buy the dolls...so McD put an end to that by charging a lot of money for them without a happy meal....so some would order 20 happy meals. Doibtful Squishmallows will ever hit that kind of demand. 

Respected Contributor

I don't think they are at the McD yet...the grandkids had happy meals the other day and it was the same cheap plastic Marvel figures they have been doling out for weeks.

I don't know if anything that I would consider collectible and would be a good investment. Collecting something is for your own pleasure IMO. I am glad I never jumped on the bandwagon collecting beanie babies, cabbage patch kids, etc. 

Respected Contributor

My husband is a collector of many things.  Happy Meals toys, when he liked them, was one of them.  He has boxes full of them in original packaging.  We just saw the commercial for the The Marvels movie Happy Meal Toy out now.  He'd usually be all over that and going to McDonald's by now and I would be helping him.  Around here, McDonald's has done really down and with prices the way that they are, just not worth it.  Drove by McDonald's yesterday at peek lunch hour and there were 2 cars in the parking lot and no one at the drive thru.  You were able just to buy the toy.  But that has gotten harder.  Now many just say no to that or tell you they don't have any to begin with.  My husband must complete a set, any set.  And it's very difficult getting all the different toys.