Respected Contributor

How do you acknowledge Mother’s Day for your daughter in law?

If you do at all. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: How do you acknowledge Mother’s Day for your daughter in law?

@panda1234  I send my DD and DIL Amaz. e-gift cards to spend on themselves, because they don't do that enough. I used to send fancy cards, but now I just send the e-gift cards and call them.

I hope their children and hubbies take care of the rest.

Respected Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@panda1234  I send my DD and DIL Amaz. e-gift cards to spend on themselves, because they don't do that enough. I used to send fancy cards, but now I just send the e-gift cards and call them.

I hope their children and hubbies take care of the rest.

@PA Mom-mom @Very nice. I don't know who would not want a Amazon gift card and call from their mother in law. 

Honored Contributor

We give them each a beautiful card and a small gift.  They have husband's and children of their own and I don't want to take away fom their husbands' plans and gifts for the day.  Their children are still very young.  

Respected Contributor

Nothing....they are not my mother.

Honored Contributor

Same.  Nothing as she's not my mother.  In fact, it never occurred to me.   I call both of my in laws by their first names. I don't even call her mom.  I don't give anything to my husband on father's day.  My son does that.  Same deal with mother's day. I grew up without grandparents, so I never had to give on Mothers or Father's Day.  Both my parents died relatively young.

Respected Contributor

I usually give my daughter a piece of jewelry.  She is also the mother of my grandson.  My daughter and son and husband always give me something.

A few years ago someone said our children should give their mothers a gift on the child's birthday since she gave birth to them.  That doesn't happen in my family.

Esteemed Contributor

@luvmybeetle wrote:

I usually give my daughter a piece of jewelry.  She is also the mother of my grandson.  My daughter and son and husband always give me something.

A few years ago someone said our children should give their mothers a gift on the child's birthday since she gave birth to them.  That doesn't happen in my family.

@luvmybeetle  Yes, my DD and DIL are the very wonderful mothers of my grandchildren. That's why I want to acknowledge them. I should have said that in my first post. 

I used to take my mother out to lunch on my birthday when she was in her later years. It was fun for both of us.

Respected Contributor

It varies, if I know my daughter needs/wants something in particular that is an excuse to get it for her.  I usually make it from her kids not me though.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We do the same thing for our DD and DDIL - either a nice card with some cash or an Amazon gift card, or a card and a gift such as a bath & body set or a candle.  This year I bought some Perlier products to make bath and body sets for them.

When Father's Day comes around, DS and DSIL get a nice card and cash.  

There will be a day when we may not be able to gift much, or often, but we do it while we can.