Honored Contributor

442997B4-A608-4253-B5E6-D0611B39AF3D.jpeg

Super Contributor

HA ! Our older granddaughters are home schooled by choice. One is a college grad, the other in her 3rd year. Now our younger grnddaughters are home schooled because of all this virus mania. It takes extra work, but it can be done. 

Honored Contributor

I bet a lot of parents that were thinking of home schooling next year have changed their minds!

Esteemed Contributor

My daughter has one in second grade and twins in pre-K. They get an unbelievable amount of work (including the twins). Every morning their routine is to get their work done before they can play or go out for a walk. And, she is still working a few days a week so things have to be organized - she is also a single parent.

Honored Contributor

Not an easy task.

And the older they are, in order to properly teach, it has to be difficult to re-learn each class/subject matter.

My gosh.  The best of luck.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

It's funny how our governor won't send her kids to school but issued a mandate that everyone else has to send their kids.  

I'm glad my kids are grown and finished their masters degrees.  

I wouldn't send my kids to any public school in my state.  The governor issued a mandate that everything will be like it was before covid - no masks, full classrooms, cuts to online classes, no social distancing, etc - all while we're one of the red hot states for covid cases.  

Honored Contributor

Re: HOME SCHOOLING

[ Edited ]

The funniest (sarcasm) thing that happened in my state this week is that the governor held a Zoom meeting with the education leaders   because it wasn't safe to meet in person.....but she issued a mandate prohibiting most online education options and requiring kids to return to schools this fall.   

Esteemed Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

The funniest (sarcasm) thing that happened in my state this week is that the governor held a Zoom meeting with the education leaders   because it wasn't safe to meet in person.....but she issued a mandate prohibiting most online education options and requiring kids to return to schools this fall.   

A parent has to decide whether a child goes back to school right away.

There will need to be options for parents, and to keep children safe. 

Super Contributor

@CalminHeart Which state is mandating in-person school? In my kids' school district, virtual learning is the only option. I am disappointed, as I believe parents and educators should have an in-person option with safety measures in place. I teach at a private school and will be going back 5 days a week, but my own public school children will be at home doing virtual learning. Ugh! 

Honored Contributor

Re: HOME SCHOOLING

[ Edited ]

@PreKteacher wrote:

@CalminHeart Which state is mandating in-person school? In my kids' school district, virtual learning is the only option. I am disappointed, as I believe parents and educators should have an in-person option with safety measures in place. I teach at a private school and will be going back 5 days a week, but my own public school children will be at home doing virtual learning. Ugh! 

I feel for teachers.  My dad taught his whole life.  

Iowa.  The governor said those who use online learning will not get credit for those days and are violating the law.  Some school districts have already announced they will still offer online learning anyway.  I see a lawsuit coming.