Honored Contributor

Beef stew and rolls for us tonight.

Respected Contributor

The elephant is adorable........Roll Tide (Alabama fans).

Respected Contributor

Leftover turkey tetrazini and some fresh fruit for dessert. (Pears and strawberries)

Valued Contributor
Tonight we had boneless baked pork chops, potato pancakes made out of leftover mashed potatoes, cantaloupe
Have a great weekend everyone
Esteemed Contributor

@Fifi1 

I make my own chimichurri sauce and it's probably not considered "authenitic". I add cilantro and red pepper flakes to mine. We like sort of spicy. It tasted fine on halibut, but I think I prefer it on grilled NY strip.

For dinner tonight, dh wanted a chili dog using COSTCO's dinner size beef franks and then lots of toppings. He also wanted onion rings. He ate everything and I imagine he will be feeling heartburn before the night is over.

I had the leftover orzo salad and a small bowl of the chili.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Esteemed Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Well that is an adorable planter. Looks fabulous.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Trusted Contributor

I should try to make now I will have time! Retiring in 10 work days!!!

Trusted Contributor

I cooked! Fresh salmon, rice pilaf, broccoli.  Trader Joes brownie bites, we each had two! Yikes! 

Copper River salmon arrives next week!

Honored Contributor

DH and I have some errands to do around town this morning. Our son and the grandkids are visiting both afternoons this weekend, coming after the kids have their naps.  We bought the kids a small swingset on Black Friday and it's been taking up space in the garage ever since..  This would be a good opportunity for the men to get it assembled.  

Lunch today - 

Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts - grilled and topped with cheddar cheese & bacon

Cauliflower Mac and Cheese 

Broccoli (DGD likes to dip it in ranch dressing)

DS will bring leftovers home so DDIL can have a meal when she gets home from work this evening or she can bring it with her to work tomorrow.  

Respected Contributor

It is cloudy, grey and drizzly here at the beach.  DH has already replaced the filters and is on his way to pick up the pool bands.  He will take care of cleaning the screened porch and he may start with repairing the ceiling in the master bathroom.  We had some condensation warping the ceiling so last summer DH cut out a section to see where it is coming from.  It appears that the humidity in the house is a little high so before DH completely repairs the ceiling he will buy a dehumidifier. While DH is doing all that I am going to deep condition and wash my hair.  Then I am going to take inventory of the staples in the house like TP, paper towels etc. and head to the grocery store.  

Tonight we are going out  to dinner with my aunt who lives near the beach and then we will watch the Preakness.  I have it on the DVR in case we don't get back from dinner in time to see it live.