Respected Contributor
Sloppy joes on toasted buns, oven sweet potato fries, broccoli & cauliflower florets with onions dip.

Beautiful weather here! Walked with a friend this morning & hated to go back inside but laundry had to get done!

Have a spectacular day!
Valued Contributor

I stopped on the way home and got a pizza and buffalo wings for DH.  
Weather has been so nice the past few days, we hope to get flowers planted and getting mulch down this weekend.  

Wishing everyone a wonderful Mothers Day on Sunday!  As long as my Mom has been gone I miss her so much and my heart misses her more on Mothers Day.  She was my rock.  

Honored Contributor

We had a great morning session today  Then we went to lunch with a friend. DH had a grilled chicken Caesar salad and I had a traditional steak salad.  

After lunch, DH and I went shopping at an outlet mall. My foot is still bad so I got recommendations at the Nike store for shoes that will specifically help plantar fasciitis.  I ended up buying three pair, and actually wore one of the new pair out of the store.  More fingers crossed.🤞 

Respected Contributor

Breakfast for dinner.  Over easy eggs, home fries, fruit and sesame bagels.  So good.  We passed on meat tonight.  

Trusted Contributor

We went out for a late lunch, so dinner was a few smoked oysters and gf grainy cracker and wine! 
we always have fish of some sort on Fridays, as did growing up...had fish taco's for lunch.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Whats cooking in may?

[ Edited ]

Our music event concluded with this morning's session.  Our spirit has been renewed and refreshed from seeing many friends. There was also a surprise visit from artist Sandi Patty.  

When we finally left the venue, DH was in the mood for pizza and there was an Uno's nearby.  I had a Cobb salad with grilled chicken.  It was large so I couldn't eat the whole thing.  

I decided to return the shoes I bought so we did that and then got on the road.  We have two more hours to go and we'll be home.  Then the unpacking.  That's the one thing about traveling that I dislike.

Can't wait to see my kids and grandkids tomorrow!

Trusted Contributor

Omaha steak burgers, lettuce tomato, baked beans, Reesers Mac Salad and watermelon. Carb heaven tonight! I usually have 1/2 burger or no bun. 

brunch tomorrow out for Mother's Day!

Happy Monday Day to all that celebrate!

Esteemed Contributor
We had plenty of brisket left, so I made brisket sandwiches on soft hoagies, added BBQ sauce, pickles and grilled onions. Tasty. Served with a red dill potato salad my darling dil brought over.

Dh and I will have strawberry shortcake while we watch the baseball game.

I am going to try to stay awake until 10:30 so I can see the light show. Fell asleep early last night and missed the neighborhood block party last night.
"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Esteemed Contributor

Meatless meal!  Fettucine with Mushrooms, Butter, Garlic and Parmesan!

Respected Contributor

Re: Whats cooking in may?

[ Edited ]

Picked up groceries yesterday.  Needed to stock up on soft foods that I can spoon or fork feed as I can't bite into anything.  We already have some fresh pasta and stuffed peppers so I bought some frozen meals - Stouffer's Swedish Meatballs and chipped beef and macaroni and cheese.  Later in the week DH will buy some salmon.

For breakfast yesterday DH treated me to some Lemon Ricotta Pancakes from a local restaurant and we had Swedish Meatballs for dinner.  I also treated myself to an extra long spa pedicure.

Youngest DD went to visit oldest DD in DC this weekend so no breakfast in bed this morning which is fine as I am enjoying the peace and reduced mess of youngest DD not being home.  She'll be home around dinner time and she says she has a gift for me.  Tonight we are having stuffed peppers.