Trusted Contributor

Re: Last week we ate out at Texas Roadhouse.

Reading this thread back in March really got me craving the Tx Roadhouse rolls, cinnamon butter and the blooming onion, so we made the hour and half long trip to Tyler. Imagine my disappointment when waiter brought out wheat rolls, which are good but it wasn't THE rolls. That's when I realized we mistakenly had pulled into Outback Steakhouse instead Tx Roadhouse. Food was good, blooming onions were a bit overdone. I really missed the rolls. Need a do over!
Valued Contributor

I wouldn't eat at a restaurant where the music was too loud. And I sure as heck wouldn't go to a place where the food was over salted and I had to rinse the baked potato or some cuts of meat. If you have to rinse salt off meat you're losing juice as well.

Surely you have restaurants in your city that aren't loud or the food over salted. 

Honored Contributor

@yellowrose wrote:
Reading this thread back in March really got me craving the Tx Roadhouse rolls, cinnamon butter and the blooming onion, so we made the hour and half long trip to Tyler. Imagine my disappointment when waiter brought out wheat rolls, which are good but it wasn't THE rolls. That's when I realized we mistakenly had pulled into Outback Steakhouse instead Tx Roadhouse. Food was good, blooming onions were a bit overdone. I really missed the rolls. Need a do over!

@yellowrose I am sorry I missed you but I hope you enjoyed the city while here.

I love Roadhouse but cannot stomach Outback.  When I was married my son and his Dad wanted both their birthday dinners and Father's Day at Outback.  All three dates were within a 3 week period every year, but then I was done for a year.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Contributor

They have great ribs, and the salads are great. But the rolls with the 'special' butter... is to die for. The rolls comes with the dinner. I don't think you'll find anything displeasing. 
 Enjoy 

Honored Contributor

Our local Texas Roadhouse also had the music blaring, when it opened years back.  But a number of customers complained that they couldn't enjoy their meals, converse, etc. and asked for it to be turned down.

It was also mentioned that, it could damage the customers' or (more importantly) the staff's hearing and could be a legal issue for them.

It's never been too loud since but, if it's a bit too loud when we go, we just ask (politely) that it be turned down.  They've never refused.

One other TR my sister-in-law and I tried to go to, the music was so loud, it was blaring when we parked at the far end of the parking lot.  We thought it was being piped outside!  We couldn't even hear our waitress, nor she us,  and with that, we got up and left, never to return.

I have a close friend who went to that one with her husband.  She said their ears were still ringing 20 minutes after they left.  And...never again.

It's silly to lose customers over something like that.

Respected Contributor

DH goes to Tx Roadhouse and brings it home on some weeekends. His eating plan allows him to have the 6 oz sirloin, the house salad, and the broccoli or green beans. Our squirrels love the rolls and the bags of peanuts they include;  we shell the peanuts for them too. I like the BBQ chicken breast. We have beeen eating there for years, but we now do mostly takeout since it isn't very close by. It is usually noisy and crowded, so eating it at home is nicer.