Honored Contributor

@rockygems123. Do you in your adventures ever run across James Avery jewelry?  It's made in Texas with small boutique stores located usually in malls.  Nice designs and good quality, mostly sterling with a recent increasing emphasis on religious themes.

I have a number of pieces, mostly rings.  Years ago I bought this heavy dome ring which is comfortable and very flattering on the hand.  Later, mom liked it so much  that she bought herself the same ring.  I now have both.

I'm sure I didn't pay over $100., for it as I didn't have the money back then.  I recently ran across two of them on eBay, one was $348., the other was $425.

They're a great investment.  It's very popular jewelry in the Southwest so you may encounter pieces.  I'd grab them if I was you.

1000002678.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I've shopped with them for years.  I have many, many pieces both silver and gold.

Honored Contributor

@rms1954.  If you're not using them, you might consider selling on eBay.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 - I love this jewelry and have my own pieces and I have given a lot as gifts.

When DD was in preschool and had a birthday party one of the girls gave her the silver pumpkin charm. So we started a charm bracelet for her, even if she wasn't allowed to wear it right away. She has about 8 charms now. The last one we bought her was her graduation.

DH gave me the gold four seasons ring after the baby boy we had been waiting for was stillborn. He later gave me the pendant to match and had earrings made from the matching charms.

I also have other pieces. We used to go to the store at Rolling Hills Mall in SA. 

We visited another store when we were there in late 2019, and we bought some gifts. It was different, but similar. 

Their CS can't be beat! I still get the print catalog and enjoy it! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I have a James Avery store 2 miles up the road and have shopped there for years.  DGD has a charm bracelet that we continue to add to for special occasions.  Lots of sliver available.  It's on line and can be ordered. DD has an Avery where she lives so I can buy in my store and they can have charms put on  where they live.  

Excellent quality.

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom.  I wish I could go back and browse a store once again.  If you're wearing a pice of their jewelry while visiting a store, they'd offer to give it a free professional polishing.

About a year before he died, my son gave me a beautiful pair of big, fat hoop earrings for Mothers Day.  My silver-loving collie got one of them and completely destroyed it.  I'd love to get a replacement.

Super Contributor
I was introduced to James Avery jewelry when our local Dillard's store started carrying the brand. It seems as though they have a very nice variety.
Honored Contributor

@Puggywuggy wrote:
I was introduced to James Avery jewelry when our local Dillard's store started carrying the brand. It seems as though they have a very nice variety.

@Puggywuggy.  Dillard's is the only outlet in the Albuquerque area.  I haven't been there for quite some time so haven't seen what they have.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 - We lived between the inner and outer loops, closer to 1604. I should have said "Rolling Oaks Mall." I got the name mixed up. There wasn't much there in the early 90's. That's the only store we went to, and we knew some of the people there by name. Mr. Avery was still alive. 

As I said before their CS was excellent. I never knew, until you mentioned it, about the cleaning. I do know how they would do whatever they could to accommodate a special request.

Have you checked with them about making another of your special earrings? They sound beautiful. I love hoops, and at one time that's all I wore. I hope they will be able to help you.

I'm sorry for the loss of your son. As I've said in other forums, my only sibling died when he had just turned 28. So my mom was in a similar situation to you.  

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom.  I've thought about contacting Avery CS to see if I could get a replacement but figured it would be prohibitively expensive.  As hoops go, these were the best.