Honored Contributor

Re: Who told me about Moissanite and its patent?

[ Edited ]

I have several pieces of Moissanite jewelry. I love it. I also own lab diamonds and, of course CZs and strontium titanate (aka "Fabulite" from JTV). Moissanite doesn't sparkle like a diamond b/c it's not diamond. It has more sparkle and gives off rainbow colors in the light and so does stontium titanate. Diamonds don't do that. The only stone that looks like a diamond is a diamond, lab or natural. I've placed my Moissanite, CZs, strontium titanate and lab diamonds side by side and there's no mistaking the diamonds. Nothing else sparkles like a diamond.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee.  8 have to disagree about the sparkle factor.  M6 stones sparkle more than any diamond iv3 seen.  Yes they do reflect rainbow colors when the light is right.  Regardless of light they sparkle like crazy.

2.65 to 2.69

With a brilliance refractive index of 2.65 to 2.69, moissanite is the world's most brilliant gemstone
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 

That's what I tried to explain. Diamonds don't sparkle with rainbows of light emitting from them. Moissanite does and that's why they do not look like diamonds. In other words, Moissanite (refractive index is much higher than a diamond, also double refractive) sparkles more than diamond and that's why they don't look like diamond.