Honored Contributor

Re: What do yuu think of lab created diamonds?

I haven't read all the replies, but I've never been a particular fan of diamonds, real or lab-grown.

I do think the prices for lab-grown are very high, but what do I know?

I admit to loving Diamonique and I have pieces that people think are real.  I can wear them and, if by some misfortune I lose them, I can pretty much replace them at nomimal cost.

No high insurance or worries.

Respected Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@SportyShorty07 wrote:

I like natural diamonds.  If I want a diamond ring (haven't purchased one yet)- I could go down to my favorite trusted pawn shop where I get my gold and gemstone jewelry at really great deals.  I'm not a rich girl- and the benefit of pawn shops is I can get something within my budget and put it on lay away and pay for it over time. The pawn shop I go to has beautiful gold gemstone and diamond jewelry at great prices. Smiley Happy

Pawn shops are amazing aren't they.  If I wanted a gold necklace or something I would look at the pawn shops first.  It is amazing what you can find.

@sunshine 919  I love pawn shops Smiley Very HappyHeart! I've purchased almost all of my gold and gemstone jewelry from them and its so much fun to get one of a kind vintage pieces at such great deals! I have a 14k rose gold matching necklace bracelet set and each piece is a chain made up of solid gold hearts one after the other- I bought them at the right time on clearance about 9 years ago. Pawn shops are where I go to get myself some nice and affordable gifts within my budget Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I like the idea of lab created diamond and gemstones (especially Alexandrite)......however the price shouldn't be as expensive as it is these days.

Maybe if pricing is significantly reduced.....

And, yes, Diamonique is priced much, much better (lower), imo. 

Keep in mind that I haven't read the other posts.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).