Trusted Contributor

Re: Trying to find an old jewelry line on QVC

I'm thinking alligators and toads...? It was one of the more expensive lines, up there with Barbara Bixby, but fairly heavy pieces.  

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Didn't David Dawkins design jewelry with celestial themes?

Yes, his starry night ring!  

This thread reminds me of all the lovely sterling jewelry lines they used to offer here.  Which is kind of nice to think about on this day of non-stop potting soil and can openers.

Honored Contributor

@Seashoregirl wrote:
••ooVerizon 今
11:11 PM
qvc.com
1 $ 61%4
=
J152989
Barry Cord Sterling/14K Sun & Sealife
Bracelet
I at least found the name of it. The search continues. Thanks again!!

There was one sold on eBay for $500. So they are out there.

Barry Kieselstein-Cord Sterling Silver Seashore Beach Toggle Bracelet - Picture 2 of 11

Valued Contributor

@Bookplate wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

This thread reminds me of all the lovely sterling jewelry lines they used to offer here.  Which is kind of nice to think about on this day of non-stop potting soil and can openers.

That was Michael Dawkins. I was snooping around today looking at some of his pieces on Mercari.

Trusted Contributor

@PansyBoo wrote:

@Bookplate wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

That was Michael Dawkins. I was snooping around today looking at some of his pieces on Mercari.

@PansyBoo  Oh, sorry, you are right - wrong Dawkins.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 I have some  jewelry from MIchael Dawkins.  I think he may have done a celestial theme.  I have some of his pieces in my jewelry box.  He was a favorite of mine (although pricey) when he was on QVC.

Honored Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

@Kachina624 I have some  jewelry from MIchael Dawkins.  I think he may have done a celestial theme.  I have some of his pieces in my jewelry box.  He was a favorite of mine (although pricey) when he was on QVC.

@GinaV24.  Strangely, the only piece of silver I ever owned that gave me an allergic reaction was a rather expensive David Dawkins necklace.  This indicates it contains nickel, which indicates a cheap grade of silver was used. 

I have a ton of silver jewelry but never had this reaction with any other.   It was pretty severe too.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

@SeashoregirlI know you have the item number already, so this Sun & Sealife Bracelet debuted on Sterling Designer Gallery, January 9, 2011, at 6pm ET with Rick Domeier.

J-152989.jpg

Honored Contributor

I LOVED Barry Cord jewelry.  I have a cool frog ring from his line.

Honored Contributor

I have the alligator cuff that I bought for our winter trips to Florida.  Looks strange around here, but I think I'll dig it out and see what kind of reaction I get.