Respected Contributor

@MJDinVegas 

I keep going back and admiring your opals and their designs.  Just breathtaking!  I hope you have someone who will appreciate your beautiful collection.💝🌸

Respected Contributor

@cheriere wrote:

@Estellee wrote:

@cheriere wrote:

@Estellee wrote:

@cheriere wrote:

@persiflage wrote:

It would be pretty in an Etruscan cigar band type ring, that is a lot of gold right now though.  I think it would be pretty in that style with some diamonds bezel set scattered around.

I love ❤️ Etruscan and cigar band style jewelry.  Big, bold gold is my favorite.  Thanks for your advice, very good.🌸

@cheriere Oh, I have an Etruscan bold gold ring too, I just love it. Can't remember if it was popular in the 90's or early 2000's?

I think it was popular in both and still is as far as I'm concerned lol.  It's one of my favorite styles.💝🌸

@cheriere I love it too. We used to find this kind of jewelry down in the Miami Area in some of the jewelry exchanges and The Seybold Building. Quite a few years ago, I was thinking maybe in the 90's. Can't seem to find anything like it anymore.

I'm sorry you're no longer able to find any there.💝

There was a line of Etruscan style jewelry on JTV, but I can't remember what it's called.  They have an hour periodically.  I will let you know if it comes to mind.  They have some very nice things.🌸

Thanks, I'll check out JTV.

Honored Contributor

Opals aren't very strong.  I'd look into making it as a pendant.

Esteemed Contributor

@MJDinVegas I like this setting very much.  Unique.

Respected Contributor

@cheriere  Wow!! That's a gorgeous opal stone that would look stunning as a pendant or a statement ring! I love opals- they're my birth stone Smiley HappyHeart

Respected Contributor

@SportyShorty07 wrote:

@cheriere  Wow!! That's a gorgeous opal stone that would look stunning as a pendant or a statement ring! I love opals- they're my birth stone Smiley HappyHeart

Thanks.😊. You're so lucky to have Opal as your birthstone!  I've had this one so long, but I've been trying to save up for a really nice setting.  I want it in big bold gold lol.🌺

Respected Contributor

@cheriere  You're welcome!  Where did you purchase this gorgeous opal stone?  I love gemstones, opals and anything set in big, bold gold! Smiley Very Happy  Yes indeed, saving up is the smart move to do- I have to save up for when I go to my favorite pawn shop and get a little ring or a necklace.  I still think about that beautiful fire opal ring that you posted a photo of! Heart

Respected Contributor

@SportyShorty07 wrote:

@cheriere  You're welcome!  Where did you purchase this gorgeous opal stone?  I love gemstones, opals and anything set in big, bold gold! Smiley Very Happy  Yes indeed, saving up is the smart move to do- I have to save up for when I go to my favorite pawn shop and get a little ring or a necklace.  I still think about that beautiful fire opal ring that you posted a photo of! Heart

I bought that opal from JTV.  Do you get that channel?  Well, if not you can always go online.  They have great prices.  You can get a nice opal already set in SS at crazy cheap prices.  I bought a couple of those too!

I love checking at the pawn shop for great deals.  Mom and I always go to a couple around Christmas to see if we can something.  I got that fire opal back in the early 90s when jewelry was still relatively cheap lol.😃

Respected Contributor

@SportyShorty07 

You're never gonna believe this, but my ex left a message on my answering machine yesterday I guess.  Anyways, it was super scratchy sounding so I couldn't tell who he said, but he wanted to let me know someone died and left his new number for me to call him back!

Well, I've not decided if I'll call or not, but I know I won't today because I woke up with no voice.  I must have caught something or my vocal polyps are inflamed, nit sure but anyways, Would you call later on when feeling better or not?  
I wish I could've understood in the message WHO it was that died.

Respected Contributor

Re: OPAL Needs Set

[ Edited ]

@cheriere wrote:

@SportyShorty07 wrote:

I bought that opal from JTV.  Do you get that channel?  Well, if not you can always go online.  They have great prices.  You can get a nice opal already set in SS at crazy cheap prices.  I bought a couple of those too!

I love checking at the pawn shop for great deals.  Mom and I always go to a couple around Christmas to see if we can something.  I got that fire opal back in the early 90s when jewelry was still relatively cheap lol.😃

@cheriere  Ooh you must've gotten a great deal on that opal from JTV Smiley Very HappyHeart! I have seen JTV before, but I keep forgetting what channel it is- myabe its for the ebst since I'd probably go nuts and buy a ton of beautiful jewelry at killer deals Smiley Very Happy!  I'll go on JTV's website to look at all of the beautiful jewelry Smiley HappyHeart.  I love pawn shops! The one I go to always cuts me a great deal on gold jewelry and some days they even have sales on the entire store.  My dream in a few years is to buy myself a nice little heart shaped diamond ring- everytime I go to the pawn shop I ask them if they have one Smiley LOL!