Respected Contributor

Look at gem shopping.com. They show many opals. See if there is any setting you really like and you can copy. They show magnificent jewelry. See if you get it on your tv or you can watch it on your computer.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee 

Im so glad you posted this picture!  I toyed with the idea of having it set east/west, but couldn't visualize how it would look!  Beautiful!  Thanks so much.💝🌸

Respected Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

Look at gem shopping.com. They show many opals. See if there is any setting you really like and you can copy. They show magnificent jewelry. See if you get it on your tv or you can watch it on your computer.

Thanks 💝🌸. I don't know if I still get that channel, but I can watch on the internet.

Respected Contributor

Gorgeous, search gold mountings on tv shopping networks, ie JTV to give you ideas. Definitely deserves a few high grade diamonds.

Enjoy.

Honored Contributor

@cheriere 

Your stone is absolutely amazing!  I would also have it set in a pendant.  I would take my time to make sure I got exactly what I wanted.  I think I would go on-line and look at other opal pendants to get an idea of what looks really beautiful and what I believe I would want.  Then, you could print pictures of these pendants and take them to your jeweler.  If there were any changes you would like, you could indicate them to them.  I think it would be much easier to have pictures to show them, instead of saying - well, I want something very old fashioned, or I want filigree, etc., etc.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

@IMW 

Thank you 💝🌸. JTV is where I bought the stone during a special presentation all those years ago.  It was one of the few calibrated they had.  I agree about it needing diamonds too.  I really appreciate your suggestions.💝

Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 

To respond 

Thank you so much 💝  That's a really great idea about ain't some pics in with me for the design.  Before, I'd just trusted my jeweler to kinda replicate what I'd described, but in this case, I've waited to long lol.  I want something specific I think.  I really appreciate your taking the time to respond.💝🌸

Respected Contributor

Re: OPAL Needs Set

[ Edited ]

@cheriere That is a beautiful stone. I would love to see it in a ring as well. You mentioned you know a jeweler you have used before. Maybe he has a book of settings that could be appropriate for the stone. Keep us posted!

Respected Contributor

@Estellee 

Thank you so much.💝. I will keep you posted on what happens and hopefully I'll have it set so I can post a picture before too awful long.🌸

Respected Contributor

@cheriere wrote:

@Estellee 

Thank you so much.💝. I will keep you posted on what happens and hopefully I'll have it set so I can post a picture before too awful long.🌸

@cheriere Would love to see it, I Love Opals Heart