Regular Visitor

Kallati diamond color and clarity?

I watched the beautiful Kallati jewelry. Does anyone know their diamond color and clarity? I didn't see anything listed or hear it described during the presentation.

Contributor

Re: Kallati diamond color and clarity?

Hello!

I know they used to be on SHOPHQ.  There are still some jewelry pieces on SHOPHQ website for Kallati.  Typically the color is G/H, clarity SI to I1. 

Hope that helps.  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I would never purchase diamond jewelry without knowing the color and clarity for the specific item that QVC is selling.

“Children do not start wars, and they cannot end them, but they always pay the highest price.”  Catherine Russell, UNICEF Executive Director
Respected Contributor

Stating what shophq is selling is useless. You have no idea if that is what they are offering at QVC. Some  Brands make different grades of jewelry depending what a buyer is willing to pay.

Contributor

@Janey2 

Useless??

I was just trying to be helpful, and let the poster know that they do sell jewelry through different venues.  No different than other brands, such as Effy. Effy does not do what you are saying, and Kallati does not either.  The prices and quality are similar to what is being offered on the other sites where you can purchase those brands.

Customers can always reach out directly to QVC and ask for that information, and going forward, that QVC SHOULD  list the color and clarity.  I do think that QVC should automatically list this information.  Not understanding why they do not, especially on what is considered to be major purchases money wise, for most people.

Could also reach out to Kallati directly as well, and ask them for that information.

Respected Contributor

Did you ever watch gem shopping? They have whole segments where they sell effy for thousands of dollars. QVC does not offer that type of jewelry. 

Contributor

@Janey2 

Sorry, not familiar with that.

I live in Minnesota, and I actually worked for a bit at SHOPHQ, so I am quite familiar with the jewelry vendors.

Actually QVC should folllow the same suit as SHOPHQ and list the color/clarity.  SHOPHQ is actually the only one that I know of that actually does that consistently.

Perhaps if customers would start demanding that from QVC, it would happen.  

Honored Contributor

Honestly, if QVC doesn't list the color or clarity, you can bet it's because it's either H-I (or worse) and I1-I2 or higher (if it goes higher.

They used to sell Effy on HQ and the quality was listed as above.  H-I and visually included.  I'm guessing they do have better quality diamonds that are sold elsewhere?

Respected Contributor

@JKLSCH  Agree.  I would not buy a diamond not knowing what I was buying. QVC generalizes the information, but it doesn't help. I think there are are people who buy the diamonds not really understanding what they are buying. 

Respected Contributor

I have shopped a lot at Shop HQ and QVC and many other places.  The items for sale from companies like Effy and Kallati are the EXACT same, with the same quality diamonds. The one thing I always liked about Effy was the consistency in quality, but they did have some scandals with treatments for rubies and sapphires.

I have been buying Effy for decades (before he even used that name--in the beginning he just used his initials), and the only place I now see cheap versions of Effy jewelry are Saks Off Fifth and JC Penney's. 

What I have noticed over the decades--less gold weight, hollowing out of the band versus a solid band, increasing single cut diamonds over full cut, decreasing overall diamond carat weight.

Diamonds are my favorite stones, so I have tried to learn a lot about them.

Fine jewelry is no longer a reasonable shopping experience--even on the secondary market I see many overpriced items.  IMO, the only time great clarity and color REALLY matter is for individual stones half a carat and larger (because no one will ever give you back the price you pay for a QVC or Shop HQ piece of jewelry.).

Buy something only if you love it, and you want to wear it all the time!