Esteemed Contributor

@Puggywuggy Totally agree. Especially these days when the cameras can make something appear much larger than it is when you receive it.

I don't buy much jewelry from QVC these days. I have enough of a personal collection that I don't need to buy more but it's not fair to people who want to buy to not be able to determine the actual facts.

Esteemed Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

I agree @cheriere but honestly I don't have any idea if anyone other than the moderators who just keep an eye out for posts that QVC doesn't want on the board actually read the suggestions in that thread.

It seems logical to me to have the gram weight & mm size of stones available for people to know whether or not the item is what they want to buy.

I bought a pair (years ago) of 3mm stud earrings from ShopHQ. at the time I didn't realize they were really tiny. I kept them though because the stones were so beautiful and I like stud earrings.  I should get my ears pierced with a 2nd hole and I could wear them in that piercing, but I hated having my ears done the first time, so at this point in my life, having someone put another couple of holes in my head doesn't excite me much Smiley Happy 

You're probably right about the suggestion box sadly.😔

I had my second piercing done a lifetime ago lol.  I haven't worn anything in them in so long, I'll bet they're grown back up.  I don't care for having things pierced either, so I don't blame you.💝🌸

Honored Contributor

QVC is notorious for cheapening pieces that give the impression of being substantial.  They carve out metal in rings, their findings are generally too small and flimsy, most of their link items and bangles are hollow, etc.  It is so disappointing to take an item out of the box and realize you have just purchased junk.

This is one of the reasons I like JAI.  With few exceptions, I haven't felt that I was cheated because of a lightweight item.  I may not have liked something, but generally the quality was good.

Esteemed Contributor

ha @cheriere I hear you. When I had my ears pierced the 1st time, I went by myself to the mall in case I chickened out or cried - no witnesses that way.

Yes if you haven't worn anything in the extra piercings, I'm sure they have healed up.  I have found I need to alternate "thicker" posts with the very skinny silver/gold posts that are on most earrings these days otherwise when I try to wear earrings that have thicker posts hurt when I push them thru.  I have a couple of pairs of earrings that I swear have a "square" style insertion on the hoop. Man do they ever hurt when I push them thru. I grit my teeth and deal with it but I can't usually wear them all day. 

Respected Contributor

Sellers are remiss in not including gram weight. That's most likely an effort to conceal feather-light gold pieces at exorbitant prices. 

What's even worse was what someone posted here--that something she purchased wasn't even solid gold, but filled with a pliable core, yet this information was not disclosed. 

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

Shoplc gives the gram weight on all their jewelry on screen.  I love that because I know what I'm looking at.   Telling me something is red carpet or gorgeous does not tell me how substantial a piece is.  QVC doesn't tell us gram weights because they don't want us to know.  They don't want us making comparisons before we buy.  But I rarely buy QVC jewelry now.  Close to never.  Shophq and Shoplc are my go to for jewelry.

Honored Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

Silver gram weight is meaningless. I've sold silver jewelry. Lucky to get5 cents

I need the gram weight on silver not because I'll ever sell it.  Gram weights tell me how substantial and heavy a piece is.  

Honored Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

I'd like to know the mm size of the stones in each piece too @cheriere Helps me to know if it is itsy bitsy or not.

Sometimes in the description they will have the measurement of the jewely. For some reason I'm able to understand a 3mm, 6 mm or 7 mm stone sizing more than if it's 1/8, 1/4 or what have you.

Yes!   Why the bleep don't they just give us the mm for the stones?  Giving size in inches is just silly.

Honored Contributor

Per Kathy Levine's book from years ago QVC's jewelry used to be 35% of their sales volume.  I'd be surprised if it were 3% now days.  Anyone know?

Esteemed Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Per Kathy Levine's book from years ago QVC's jewelry used to be 35% of their sales volume.  I'd be surprised if it were 3% now days.  Anyone know?

I'll bet you're right.  I've thought about this before too.🌸