Respected Contributor

I think QVC should include the gram weight of every piece of jewelry in the on screen description box.
 JTV & ShopLC always include this on screen.

It really makes a difference in knowing whether something is a good value and something I may like to purchase or not.

Some hosts make mention of this in the beginning of a presentation, but not all.

I think if QVC were proud of the gram weight,  they'd surely want it on screen.

Trusted Contributor

@cheriere wrote:

I think QVC should include the gram weight of every piece of jewelry in the on screen description box.
 JTV & ShopLC always include this on screen.

It really makes a difference in knowing whether something is a good value and something I may like to purchase or not.

Some hosts make mention of this in the beginning of a presentation, but not all.

I think if QVC were proud of the gram weight,  they'd surely want it on screen.

They used to almost always show gram weight. Their prices are ridiculous.

“Children do not start wars, and they cannot end them, but they always pay the highest price.”  Catherine Russell, UNICEF Executive Director
Respected Contributor

@paixmcdao    That's for sure lol!  Their prices are ridiculous!  I guess that's why they no longer feature the gram weigh lol.😃

Respected Contributor

Silver gram weight is meaningless. I've sold silver jewelry. Lucky to get5 cents

Respected Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

Silver gram weight is meaningless. I've sold silver jewelry. Lucky to get5 cents

I know silver is cheap by the gram or Troy ounce. However, I do like a substantial, large, not hollowed out tin feeling piece whether it be on my hand, wrist or as a necklace.

Thats why it's not good to get a weightless piece for the prices their asking.

Esteemed Contributor

I'd like to know the mm size of the stones in each piece too @cheriere Helps me to know if it is itsy bitsy or not.

Sometimes in the description they will have the measurement of the jewely. For some reason I'm able to understand a 3mm, 6 mm or 7 mm stone sizing more than if it's 1/8, 1/4 or what have you.

Respected Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

I'd like to know the mm size of the stones in each piece too @cheriere Helps me to know if it is itsy bitsy or not.

Sometimes in the description they will have the measurement of the jewely. For some reason I'm able to understand a 3mm, 6 mm or 7 mm stone sizing more than if it's 1/8, 1/4 or what have you.

Me too!  You brought up an excellent point about giving mm sizes of stones.  They should give mm along with ct weight.  Like yourself, I can immediately know if something is the size I'm looking for if I know the mm.

In some cases, like diamonique, having the mm would let me know whether it's gonna look believable.  I like bold diamonique sometimes, but other times not.

Thank you for mentioning this.  We should combine our gram and mm request and put it in the suggestion box.💝🌸

Respected Contributor

@cheriere  I completely agree with you.

Super Contributor
I remember when they used to give you gram weights and even when they used a ruler to demonstrate the sizes. Most hosts were much more knowledgeable
and informative about the products presented in their shows and the presentations were professional.
Esteemed Contributor

I agree @cheriere but honestly I don't have any idea if anyone other than the moderators who just keep an eye out for posts that QVC doesn't want on the board actually read the suggestions in that thread.

It seems logical to me to have the gram weight & mm size of stones available for people to know whether or not the item is what they want to buy.

I bought a pair (years ago) of 3mm stud earrings from ShopHQ. at the time I didn't realize they were really tiny. I kept them though because the stones were so beautiful and I like stud earrings.  I should get my ears pierced with a 2nd hole and I could wear them in that piercing, but I hated having my ears done the first time, so at this point in my life, having someone put another couple of holes in my head doesn't excite me much Smiley Happy