Esteemed Contributor

Jay has a cuff bracelet in 3 kinds of stones -- turquoise, lapis and rhodochrosite in case anyone is interested.

I'm not buying - 1. I don't need it and 2. based on the photos, I don't think the quality is what I would like.  The rhodochrosite looks more like rhodonite to me.  

I have a, IMO, fabulous bracelet of 3 strands of rhodochrosite, designed by Michael Dawkins. I compare all rhodochrosite in color and quality to my bracelet and the one being offered by Jay King isn't it.

Maybe it looks better in person and I certainly don't mean to disparage anyone's choice if you love the bracelet, it's just my opinion. 

Honored Contributor

I really like the Lapis one but I am not shopping for jewelry, I just ordered a ring from Shoplc lol.

Respected Contributor

Re: Jay King special value

[ Edited ]

i have tons of both vendors

IN MY OPINION.....

this is not investment stuff.......clearly

the price is of costume jewerly ..........so buy it ....wear it.....love it

ENJOY IT

don't worry about someone elses ya or nay.........it sure don't matter

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Honored Contributor

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

This one isn't calling to me either.  Ok, but not really special to me.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

@GinaV24.  What you'd get and see in person would probably look worse.  In my experience, they pick out the best to show on TV.  What you get is usually a far cry from the best.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

what would we do without DesertDi ? LOL

Bless her heart.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Jay King special value

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 sadly that has also been my experience.  I have some items from his line that I really like and others that have disappointed me greatly.

I enjoy watching his shows because I enjoy the stories and the specimens he brings sometimes but I stopped buying after I returned several pieces that even if they are prices as "costume jewely" as @TheMemphisVette said, it is still real $$ and I want to love what I buy and wear.

Honored Contributor

I have a few JK pieces that I like and are unusual--and as long as I can mute him-- his stammering and old stories that he recites over and over drive me nuts --I do like to watch. And if I do get tired of any of what I have, my daughter can break it down to make other jewerly from it. 

Honored Contributor

For me cuffs w/o a 'kick-stand' hinge are doomed for me. I have to bend cuffs w/o a hinge to get them on and off and eventually they break.