Honored Contributor

I stopped buying open cuff bracelets.  I find that they are uncomfortable and difficult to wear.

I gave them an honest try, but they are not for me.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee I love the cuffs with a kick stand! If I have to constantly bend the cuff so it doesn't roll on my wrist, like you, I know at some point it will break no matter how careful I am.

I'd rather be able to buy my size

Esteemed Contributor
I purchased a few Jay King pieces a while ago & designs were uninspired & quality poor; I returned them. I have several artisan cuffs that I love.
Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

For me cuffs w/o a 'kick-stand' hinge are doomed for me. I have to bend cuffs w/o a hinge to get them on and off and eventually they break. 

I also have to squeeze/bend cuff bracelets to get them to fit and unfortunately some of the stones would loosen and pop off.  So no more cuff bracelets for me.

Honored Contributor

I ordered one piece from him years ago.  The silver part was just stamped out, not designed for that piece.  All his stuff seems to be like that. bracelets and rings.

Trusted Contributor

I have Jay King pieces from years ago that I like a lot. I just haven't been impressed by the look or quality of so many of his more recent offerings. Just my opinion. 

Esteemed Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I ordered one piece from him years ago.  The silver part was just stamped out, not designed for that piece.  All his stuff seems to be like that. bracelets and rings.

@depglass That is his process for making jewelry.  The silver is stamped and wire, and the pieces are handmade.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a lot Jay King bead necklaces that I love!  But I don't care for the dark colors, which is what he features most recently.  I have met my lifetime turquoise quota, and probably amethyst quota.  I could be talked into more rose jade or chrysoprase.

And I don't like the fake colored pieces.