Honored Contributor

My set recordings picked up diamonds and Diamonique shows. 

My curls cover my ears and 1/2 of my neck, so my earrings really can't be seen. I've worn diamond studs or  (Diamonique studs for travel) that are the same size for decades. On rare occassions, I'll wear a hoop.

I'm at the age I've sold or selling any jewelry my family refused. 

Respected Contributor

I've got it on this morning in the background...

I haven't bought Diamonique in over a decade...though I had my little "time" with it.

I have enough cherished real pieces, and would rather wear that.

I also wear my Diamonique too. I have enough jewelry, have been decluttering down to what is valued/worn. Also, inherited mom's, grandma's. So enough. I wear things, I rotate things.

Since Easter, I've been in the mood to just keep on a pair of Tacori studs I once gave my mom, and a real diamond petite cross necklace she gave me, everyday. I'm liking the simple look. All set in white gold. I'll change at some point. I have very pretty real diamond studs set in yellow gold I wear daily sometimes. But those screw in and aren't comfortable to sleep in, so I have to take those out every night...these I can just keep in.

Last note, "value"...I just looked at something they were showing, that triple strand Diamonique bracelet for $300.00. It's one thing for gold to be up, but zirconia in silver is just not that valuable. You couldn't resell that on ebay for anywhere near $300.00. I was decluttering files recently and looking at old QVC receipts for old pieces of jewelry...all my Diamonique pieces from then were set in 14k gold, yellow and white. Times have definitely changed. Diamonique, whenever I've seen it on resale have no value. If you still have fun wearing it, as I did too...that's fine...I just wouldn't pay for the overpriced pieces these days.

Respected Contributor

Re: JEWELRY DAY TODAY

[ Edited ]

All that said...lol...that Asscher Cut Tennis Bracelet for 113.98 is pretty. I have 3 Diamonique TB's...a petite one I wear daily with my Jai box chain both gifts from my mom...and two others I only wear occasionally. No real one. But this one is very pretty looking, on tv at least...

Honored Contributor

As soon as Kathy L. or Jennifer M. is shown, the price increase is ridiculous. It's the same jewelry with their name.

Honored Contributor

I kinda went "overboard" on baroque pearls (JTV)...since I wanted something "different" this summer...

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

Yay! I've got some things that really need my attention today so it will be easy to keep the TV off. I'm old and have started giving away jewelry that I've purchased through the years. l have a DMQ tennis bracelet that's sterling silver and plated in platinum. It's a beautiful bracelet, sold to me by Rick D, and used to be my favorite one in the jewelry cabinet. Since retirement 8 years ago, I think I may have worn it once, if that. I really am unhappy at myself for spending so much on jewelry through the years, never dreamed the day would come when I wouldn't be wearing and loving it every day. What a dummy I was. 

Honored Contributor

Not a fan of CZ. They always seem lifeless compared to moissanite or decent diamonds. Affinity diamonds are not very good either.

I have a couple of Affinity pieces from 15-20 years ago that are much better quality than sold these days. 

Respected Contributor

I have my share of diamonds but I'm always on the hunt for one more pretty ring Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@Estellee   I've been loving a channel set eternity band. It's comfortable to wear and not "in your face".

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Estellee   I've been loving a channel set eternity band. It's comfortable to wear and not "in your face".

@Shanus Yes, I love that too, don't have one of those yet, lol.