Trusted Contributor

Into What Jewelry Piece Would You Craft Inherited Diamonds?

Into What Jewelry Piece Would You Craft Inherited Diamonds? If you took diamonds out of an old piece of jewelry, what kind of jewelry would you want the jeweler to make for you?

TSV made me think of this.

Thanks for your input!

-SolarSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Into What Jewelry Piece Would You Craft Inherited Diamonds?

When my mother died, she had two nice diamond solitaire rings, hers and her mother's.   My sister has two daughters so she took the rings to a jeweler and had pendants made out of both, one for each girl.  They turned out beautifully.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

When my mother died, she had two nice diamond solitaire rings, hers and her mother's.   My sister has two daughters so she took the rings to a jeweler and had pendants made out of both, one for each girl.  They turned out beautifully.

@Kachina624 @Solar Is My Name 

I did the same thing with an old wedding ring.  Had a bezel set pendant slide on a gold chain made.

Have never worn it however lol and may put back in the turn of the last century platinum filigree ring.

Respected Contributor

A pendant would be my choice.

Respected Contributor

@Solar Is My Name 

Years ago, my mom decided to get a new wedding set to wear.  I'd just graduated college and she gave me her old  diamond wedding band to have something made with.

I just couldn't change the diamond band, so I had a bold gold ring guard made for it to go into.  It was made so it really didn't look so much like a wedding ring.

IMG_0576.jpeg

Respected Contributor

I've left all of my inherited pieces as they are. I've had the rings resized to fit me. But if I were to change it up I might have either earrings or a necklace made.

Respected Contributor

@Solar Is My Name 

My mother left me an ornate cocktail ring that she bought.  She hid it when she was going through dementia: we found it a few years after she passed.  I took the ring to my jewelry friend and we tried to create a modern ring from all the diamonds for me.  Didn't work.

Then I bought my dad's pinkie ring from the estate.  Jeweler and I were successful: the 3 diamonds flanking the sapphires are from his ring.

My " Parents' Ring ":

IMG_1637.jpeg

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Solar Is My Name 

I forgot, I also took the diamonds from another ring she had and had a different ring custom made by my jeweler.  It's really bold & probably not for everyone, but I love ❤️ it.  It was made at the same time as the other ring.  It really needs cleaned, so please don't judge lol.😃IMG_0569.jpeg

Respected Contributor

@jlkz 

ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!!!

You sure designed a beautiful ring!  The stones are incredible!❤️

Respected Contributor

After my mother passed away, I had her engagement diamond made into a pendant with an upside down horseshoe shaped jacket to fit around it.

I wear it often, when I feel like I want to be close to her.