Respected Contributor

Re: Into What Jewelry Piece Would You Craft Inherited Diamonds?

@cheriere  That ring is lovely and very bold and substantial.

The marquise diamond band is exactly like my wedding ring.

It is nice that you kept it intact.

Respected Contributor

@Enufstuff wrote:

@cheriere  That ring is lovely and very bold and substantial.

The marquise diamond band is exactly like my wedding ring.

It is nice that you kept it intact.

Thank you so much.❤️

This ring really means a lot to me.  It and the diamonds in the other were my college graduation gift.  
I'll bet your ring is beautiful!

Respected Contributor

@cheriere I like bold rigs too. Do you still use the same jeweler?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Estellee wrote:

Thank you 😃❤️

Yes, I've used him for many, many years now.  These rings were made in the early 90s.  Some of his work is just unbelievable!  He helped me acquire much of my gold collection.  Then one day he told me it was time to start my Silver collection!  I still have every piece too.  They've really held up through all these years.😃

Respected Contributor

@cheriere wrote:

@Estellee wrote:

Thank you 😃❤️

Yes, I've used him for many, many years now.  These rings were made in the early 90s.  Some of his work is just unbelievable!  He helped me acquire much of my gold collection.  Then one day he told me it was time to start my Silver collection!  I still have every piece too.  They've really held up through all these years.😃

@cheriere That's great you have someone you can trust because he has designed beautiful rings for you. I'd like to find someone like that locally.

Respected Contributor

@Estellee wrote:

@cheriere wrote:

@Estellee wrote:

Thank you 😃❤️

@cheriere That's great you have someone you can trust because he has designed beautiful rings for you. I'd like to find someone like that locally.

I really appreciate your saying so, thank you😊❤️

He owns his small jewelry shop.  I've found these kind are more apt to work with you in making pieces.  I hope you can find one.🌸

Trusted Contributor

@cheriere wrote:

@Solar Is My Name 

Years ago, my mom decided to get a new wedding set to wear.  I'd just graduated college and she gave me her old  diamond wedding band to have something made with.

I just couldn't change the diamond band, so I had a bold gold ring guard made for it to go into.  It was made so it really didn't look so much like a wedding ring.

IMG_0576.jpeg

love it!

Trusted Contributor

Wondering what pendants/necklaces are in style, but that will not be dated in a few years...

Any ideas?

Thanks for all of your responses and beautiful photos!

-Solar Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@willomenia 

Thank you so much.😃❤️

I really appreciate your saying so.  This ring is very special to me.  I almost always wear it when I go somewhere special, since I never wear jewelry at home.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My mother gave me her diamond solitaire ring, several years before she passed. It had been sitting in my jewelry box for over ten years before I decided it was something I wanted to wear, to remind me of her. I hadn't been wearing it because, first of all, it looked like a traditional solitaire engagement ring and I already have and wear a wedding set and, secondly, it wasn't practical to wear every day because the diamond was set quite high and I was afraid it would get banged up.

I took it to a jeweler with a photo of a ring I found on the internet, to have him make that ring using my mother's diamond. It is a practical design and one I can confidently wear every day, without fear of it catching on anything, thanks to the bezel setting.

He did it in platinum and I just picked it up last week. Here it is:

20240419_143118.jpg