Valued Contributor

A couple weeks ago, I arrived home with one earring missing, similar to a Diamonique. I was looking for a new pair of two carats in silver. I came across these, J-416884 with a three prong setting. Never saw that before. I watched the video. Never once was the earring setting shown or talked about. Erin went on about the cute boxes they came in, over and over. I read the reviews. Found out this setting was a martini setting that expensive diamonds were set in. I googled it and watched and interesting video explaining different settings. That should have been discussed in the demo on the Q and I also wanted a pair rhodium plating. They were. I ordered them. My point is, they should give you all this info and they don't.  Sorry I had to rant.

Respected Contributor

https://www.facebook.com/HelloErinMoseley 

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Super Contributor

I have purchased several diamonique pieces over the years....to me, it's not the same quality as it used to be.  Now, I purchases Radiance by Absolute on HSN.....so sparkly!!

Honored Contributor

If you want super sparkly, like a diamond,  without the glassy look of CZ, consider Moissanite instead.  The patent on these stones expired and now anyone can manufacture them so prices have tumbled.  QVC has the highest prices but other channels have some nice sales.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@frenchie When I want more detail on jewelry, or really anything for that matter, I defer to the website. I know many, for some reason, think that shouldn't be needed. Perhaps not, but I can look at the still shots and really examine the jewelry. When watching the video you can pause or rewind as needed. 

Although it may take an extra 30 seconds or so to log on the the computer, I really find the website much more informative. I order online, I don't call in, so I have to go to QVC.com anyway so it isn't any extra step. Plus, I always check reviews. I find reviews so helpful, so a huge thank you to all that do leave your reviews about items. 

Respected Contributor

I always have to shake my head when the hosts or vendors go on and on about the pretty boxes. I'm not buying the item for the box! Who cares about the box!

Super Contributor

I have Tiffany martini setting diamond by the year silver earrings. I would not say I am impressed. The silver posts recently seem to be very "soft". I would pick any other post.

Respected Contributor

@frenchieYou rant all you want!

Valued Contributor

@cjm61 wrote:

@frenchie When I want more detail on jewelry, or really anything for that matter, I defer to the website. I know many, for some reason, think that shouldn't be needed. Perhaps not, but I can look at the still shots and really examine the jewelry. When watching the video you can pause or rewind as needed. 

Although it may take an extra 30 seconds or so to log on the the computer, I really find the website much more informative. I order online, I don't call in, so I have to go to QVC.com anyway so it isn't any extra step. Plus, I always check reviews. I find reviews so helpful, so a huge thank you to all that do leave your reviews about items. 

This is what I was talking about....the online video. Very little info, no close up of the earring or setting. The review was more helpful.

Honored Contributor

@frenchie 

I had no idea what a martini setting was.  Thanks.

A couple of months ago I purchased a beautiful cz solitaire on

Instagram and mistakenly ordered a whole size larger than I should have.  It's an (un)believable size oval cut.  It might stay on when the weather warms up but for now, I need to wear a slim eternity band to keep it in place.  I have a lot of Diamonique pieces but only the 100 facet.  A few days ago I purchased a 100 facet eternity band from QVC in sterling silver.  I have a 3 stone sterling QVC ring with smaller stones around the 3 main stones.  It's nice with the Instagram piece but I'm looking for something with less presence.  This is what I bought.  I don't have it yet.

100 facet.jpg