Respected Contributor

Re: Do you wear jewelry or have you ever worn jewelry into the water at the beach?

@cheriere wrote:

@SportyShorty07 wrote:

@cheriere  You're welcome, Cheriere!  I look different than when I was in high school in a bikini, and I still rock bikinis and look great and I know you do too Smiley Happy! Yes indeed, the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk is a fun place to go- its a great "Daycation" since I can get there and back in a matter of hours Smiley Happy

You're in such terrific shape, I know you still look great!  Even though I'm not quite as tone as I could be if I worked out more, I still rock one too lol.😃

That place would be ALL I'd need for a vacation!  Perfect to me!❤️

@cheriere Thank you so much, Cheriere! You're in terrific shape too and I bet you rock those bikinisHeart!  You'd love Santa Cruz beach Boardwalk, its warm outside and the water isn't too cold.  I get a nice light base tan when I go there. Good times! 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you wear jewelry or have you ever worn jewelry into the water at the beach?

Surprised me how many took their 14K and 18K jewelry off! I never even thought about removing my wedding rings, right hand ring, earrings and fine chain with 18 diamonds (mounted around it) before going to the beach. My rings and necklace w/diamonds were all platinum; my earrings were all 18K white gold. Wearing them in water didn't hurt them at all. The metals never felt "hot" in the sun even when vacationing overseas on islands or dry countries.

Could be due to the fact we were always on vacations or traveling and I didn't want to leave them in a hotel room or waste time taking them to the hotels safe OR usually we would decide to swim or boat at the last minute, buy suits, towels and go! (That happened many times.) 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Super Contributor

If I am not intending to swim, I will wear whatever I want.

Honored Contributor

The only thing I have ever worn to a beach would be a 14 k. dome ring that stays on my middle right hand finger.  Never comes off and completely forget I am wearing it.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

The first piece of real jewelry I ever got was a 14kt ring with a pretty stone that my uncle found while idley sifting his hands through the sand after going for a swim in the ocean. He gave it to me on my 8th birthday and it fit perfectly on my ring finger so it was likely a kid's birthstone ring. 

That started my jewelry obsession (and also served as a lesson to never wear any jewelry to the beach.😁)

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, plain gold or plain silver.

Valued Contributor

I do.  There are several pieces of jewelry I never take off.  They are sterling silver or white gold.  I don't go to the beach but a pool occasionally and I wear them there.  I would not be caught dead without earrings. 

Trusted Contributor

Yes, until I lost my grandmother's pink quartz and silver ring while surfing. Never wore good jewelry to the beach again.

I did wear a leather beacelet that was tied on by someone else for a few months. Eventually the leather rawhide tie wore out and I lost that too. Never again.

I wear jewelry daily but not in any form of water.